Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

My 2003 Explorer XLT

Looks good! I have almost the same setup except with Rancho Quicklifts. I never thought the duratracs would get so loud, I'm about to throw the tires I was running before on, 254/70/17 Forteras. Next 265s I get will be H/T! ;)
  2. S

3rd gen pic's

I want that!!! Lol. I've been debating making something like this.
  3. S

Procedure for Periodic Maintenance Transmission 5-Automatic(5R55S)

Sounds like you need to check the fluid level. On the oil pan, you'll find a drain plug that has a Allen bolt in the center. Grab some MerconV, I prefer Redline. Things you'll need One gallon container MerconV One oil hand pump that screws into gallon container Socket and Allen wrench...
  4. S

How to: Manual Transmission in 4.6 V8 4X4

Yeah, would love to see how everything worked out. Once winter is over, this is something I'm going to look into. I think I start sourcing parts.......RIGHT NOW! :D
  5. S

Glad the new job worked out, funny Im in the same spot!!! There is some good info in here!! I have a mountaineer and have thought of doing this a bunch of times. That's a good heads up on the transfer case issues, Ive read the mountaineers may be different (awd vs 4x4??), I figured worse...
  6. S

Quieting down a glasspack

Awesome info. Thanks Limited02, that should cut my trips to Summit in half today haha.
  7. S

Dyno'd my 2002 Ford Explorer

Sounds awesome! Great numbers! Truck looks awesome :) Those numbers on the board are causing me to miss my z32. Such a fun car.
  8. S

Noisy 4.6 Explorer Engine - Sounds Like Power Steering Pump

Agreed and I believe it does. I use Redline in everything that needs fluid in which they manufacture for........so I'm hoping for similar luck!
  9. S

Extra Bump......I've been thinking about putting something like this together next spring as I have been researching cams and turbos/superchargers etc etc etc....... I think and tape measure and some Mustang GT Parts may go a long way here......shouldn't be too difficult.
  10. S

Quieting down a glasspack

Hate to revive a semi-dead thread, but I'd rather do that than start a new one on the same subject. I've been researching the heck out of the forum the last couple weeks for the downpipe size from the 2 cats into the 3rd to see if anyone posted up what size it might be. Sort of trying to...
  11. S

Noisy 4.6 Explorer Engine - Sounds Like Power Steering Pump

Hey man....every Clevelander is a "real mechanic".....especially before winter hahaha. If you ever need one, I know some SHOCKINGLY reliable and honest ones on the West side off Ridge Rd. Not sure where your miles are, but make sure you do your fluid changes before winter hits! Im at 130K...
  12. S

Rancho Quick Lift Install concerns...

I had three different part numbers when I did mine last year. The rears are the same, the fronts have their own respective part number. Check out their site, it'll list vehicle specific part numbers. Double check before you install. I'm running 265/70r17 on 17x9 wheels on my mountaineer...
  13. S

4th gen 4.6 in 3rd gen explorer with FBW throttle

I've been doing a lot of research lately about intakes, heads, cams, exhausts etc. It'd be easier to install cams and do some intake and exhaust work, you'd probably make way more for quite a bit less than the cost of that motor along with your time invested in figuring out wiring and meshing...
  14. S

Check THIS out! Walled 2nd Gen sport!

Haha Scorpion, that too!:salute:
  15. S

Button harness, 05' Mountaineer, installing CarPlay

I got it in and WOW!! I actually ran RCA's and a remote, stuffed them behind the glove box for warmer weather, but I probably won't use them. This thing allows you to tune the factory sub plus it has time alignment, it's just great!!! I'm actually excited to drive 40 miles to work tomorrow. I...
  16. S

Check THIS out! Walled 2nd Gen sport!

If I was 20 and didn't need the space kinda rad, I miss huge systems!
  17. S

The bigger question is what we're the options for that switch set on the right hand side of the radio. They're pre-wired, so I'm thinking it may be an easy add option. Kinda neat, i'll do some more googling. The CarPlay thing is kinda irrelevant to the question, my bad for confusing things...
  18. S

Hi guys, I've been searching the forums for this, I may be using the wrong terminology. I'm installing a Pioneer CarPlay head unit, there's a second set of buttons that are wired on the right hand side of the console, what are these for or what option was it? Anyone know? I appreciate any feedback!!
  19. S

HELP!!! STUCK IN CLEVELAND Ohio AREA NEED TO BE PULLED OUT

Wish I would've seen this, coulda helped! Sorry! Still would like to know where you were stuck!
  20. S

3rd gen pic's

Hi guys, I dont post a lot but do a lot of reading on here. Thanks to the forums I've figured out the direction to go with my Moutaineer. I did Rancho Quicklifts and 17x9 wheels with 265/70r17 Duratracs. AWD donuts take a little more effort now, but the traction in snow and what I'm sure will be...
Back