Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

New Aluminum Radiator

Nice! Hope everything works out!
  2. B

New Aluminum Radiator

It’s held up awesome, never gets above half way, put over 5k towing miles on it with our camper. Of which 2k was in the middle of this summer with not a single issue. Very happy with it and glad I didn’t go the plastic tank route again!
  3. B

Air shocks/suspension

I did not
  4. B

Mustang V8 Engine Swap

Did you have to do anything to the computer or put in the mustang computer for the engine?
  5. B

Air shocks/suspension

Has anyone purchased or tried these on their Explorer? https://www.x2industries.com/product/2007-2010-ford-explorer-sport-trac-mountaineer-front-air-suspension-kit-strut-kit-no-fittings/
  6. B

How to: FINALLY GOOD TOW MIRRORS!!!!!

Nice job, I’ve been wanting to find something similar that would fit but haven’t broken down and tried yet. I was leaning more towards just an F-150 mirror instead of those massive mirrors, but glad you figured something out that works!
  7. B

Max Tire Size on 18" 2008 Explorer Limited.

I have 265/65/18 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2's with 2"wheel spacers and I have only a small amount of rubbing.
  8. B

Tire size options?

considering I have 265/65/18 BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2's that are 31.5" tall with only a slight rub at full turn, you should be able to do up to 275/65/17 which is only 31.1" tall.
  9. B

Towing Mirrors for 4th Gen

If there was any tow mirror that might have the best chance at being retro fitted it would be the 2007 Expedition tow mirrors. The plastic base/mounting piece looks similar in design to the 4th Gen Explorer just much bigger. The vertical measurement of the base/mount area (closest to the...
  10. B

New Aluminum Radiator

So, here is what I had to do, took me a week with some delayed delivery on some parts from Amazon but finally got it done tonight… The fittings on the new radiator for the transmission lines are 5/8-18 female with an inverted flare. Depending on what you want to do here you can get a 5/8-18...
  11. B

New Aluminum Radiator

Thanks Paul, I pulled the radiator out already before to replace a cracked plastic radiator support piece so I'm familiar with the process.
  12. B

New Aluminum Radiator

Good news, I got the radiator and it looks awesome. Bad news, the transmission line inlets are not 1/2" but rather 3/8" so I might have to modify the transmission lines involving putting some AN fittings on the factory lines or getting an adapter. Will keep you posted.
  13. B

LED light bar for 2010 explorer

I added a light bar in the front bumper.
  14. B

BFGoodrich LT265/65/R18 KO2 installed on 2010 Explorer Limited.

I did this same set up except I also wedded 2”titan spacers to bump it out a little more. Probably should have gone with the 1 1/2” spacers as I do have a little rub when fully cranked one way or the other. I trimmed a little off the running board in the wheel well and the inner fender piece...
  15. B

New Aluminum Radiator

I'm guessing its just a plastic cap over the holes, I'll let you know but it they are in fact permanently covered I'll probably be sending it back.
  16. B

New Aluminum Radiator

That was the main reason i wanted to go with the all aluminum one to get away from that design. hopefully everything lines up, can't find any reviews on people buying these and how they worked. I'll report back after install.
  17. B

New Aluminum Radiator

Thanks yeah i figured that was the case, just wanted to see what others thought. No issues with current radiator keeping it cool even with the slow leak I've had for a while. I just got this one off amazon - Amazon.com: ALLOYWORKS 2 Row All Aluminum Radiator Fits For 2006-2007 Ford Explorer...
  18. B

New Aluminum Radiator

Looking to replace my radiator as well as the thermostat while I'm at it. I have an 07 Explorer with 167k miles, and I tow a pop up camper about 2500 lbs, is there any benefit to a 4 row aluminum radiator over a 2 row radiator? Thanks for any info.
  19. B

New BFG Tires

nothing-that's one thing I was super concerned about, that and hitting the top control arms, but they have plenty of clearance. I can take more pics tonight at full turn and post. I thought I might need spacers for clearance, but I don't think I will waste my money on them since it works fine...
  20. B

New BFG Tires

After weeks of reading everyone posts about the largest tire that can go on an 07 Ex, and being cautiously optimistic that they were going to fit with no issues, I broke down and got the 265/65/18 BFG All Terrains, and had them put on yesterday. AND DAMN DO THEY LOOK NICE!! So happy I trusted...
  21. B

Max Tire Size 08 Explorer 18"

Wise guy-what tires did you specifically use? I'm looking for some that are a little more aggressive... Terra Grapplers, Wranglers, BFG all terrains on the stock 18's that markoesc has above in his pics. I see granadojl and marcoesc said they put that size on, but after looking under my 07...
  22. B

2007 Eddie Bauer 4x4

That would be great I would love to see. Thanks.
  23. B

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

Anyone have pictures of their 4th gen Ex with the stock chrome 18's with 265/65/18 tires on them?
  24. B

2007 Eddie Bauer 4x4

Thanks for the info, I've been so hesitant on doing it afraid of the rubbing. You have any pictures?
  25. B

2007 Eddie Bauer 4x4

And you have no issues with rubbing on the inside next to the suspension? Do you have any wheel spacers or is it just really close inside on the front?
Back