Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

1996 4X4 rotor replacement

Have you tried tapping the rotor with a rubber mallot? Sometimes they stick pretty good.
  2. Y

Should I go with 5x7's or convert to 6.5's

Just to add my 2 cents. I was able to squeeze 6x9's in all four doors. Now that is in a '96 and I only had to drill new holes to mount.
  3. Y

99 Ranger Mileage

Good idea, I'll have to check on that one. I'm not sure. Thanks.
  4. Y

99 Ranger Mileage

Yep, the wheels move freely. Nothing seems to be catching anywhere that I'm aware of. Lining, calipers etc are all in great shape. Thanks though.
  5. Y

99 Ranger Mileage

Gas Mileage Hey guys. A little back info on the ranger she's talking about, since it's my brothers. It has the stock tires and just recently had a very expensive tune up. I have ruled out any electrical problems due to the fact there are no codes and it's running great. The thoughts crossed...
  6. Y

Great seller - Yohe

Thanks for the good feedback. It's great doing business with fellow members! Mark
  7. Y

Great seller - Yohe

Thank you. It's nice doing business with good people such as yourself. Mark
  8. Y

Carlisle ATN's Aug. 5-7

ATN's Don't know how well I'll do, but I have my "X" entered with my club. Hope to see some of you there. Mark
  9. Y

New noise after teardown of Transfer Case

new noise I have already checked the rear and front shafts for any play. There is a slight wiggle on both. Maybe less than an 1/8th". After doing some more searching on the board between under the hood and transmission and cases, could it possible be a u-joint at the case end since the sound...
  10. Y

New noise after teardown of Transfer Case

I just got finished replacing the Speedometer Drive Gear in the TC and everything went back together nicely. I went to take it for a test drive and it has developed a (best described as) a "whirring" noise that seems to be coming from the front of the transfer case. I had the case off...
  11. Y

All Ford Nats/ Carlisle PA: June 2-4, 2006

All Ford Hey, when you have a 6 year old son and an 8 year old daughter, you have to keep them entertained somehow. I figured the horn would be as good a thing as any since they picked it out. Besides I thought it would be funny as hell :D Thanks for the compliment on the rig dtl2k2sport.
  12. Y

All Ford Nats/ Carlisle PA: June 2-4, 2006

All Ford Nat's Hey Spas. It was great getting to meet some of the fellow site members. Sorry I couldn't make dinner at Applebee's with all of you though. I needed to pick up my kids and was running late. I'm glad I got to see another X with the racing stripes though. That was cool. Anyway...
  13. Y

Nervous

I am taking the X in for inspection and am concerned about the emissions. I do not have any codes (I checked with my code reader). I have the KKM on it and I just replaced the tranny at the Ford garage (got all parts wholesale :D ) Do you think I need to be concerned? Or am I just being...
  14. Y

6 1/2" round in the door panel?

speakers In my 96 I had stock 6x8's. I just got finished squeezing in a set of 6x9's with a little mounting screw relocation. Just a thought for you.
  15. Y

AMPLIFIER IS SUCKIN ALL MY POWER, what is the alternator output on the 96 explorer?

alternator I believe they came with a mere 90 amp alt. I just replaced mine with a 120 amp from advance auto for about 115 bucks. A worthwhile investment since I also just put in a new stereo system.
  16. Y

black lights

Ok. Thanks. I was afraid that was the case. I already have purple neon tubes inside, so I guess I'll just have to switch them out for black light ones when I need to.
  17. Y

black lights

Does anybody know of a place to get black light light bulbs to replace the interior dome lights? I use my X in parades and I want to add a different look for night time ones. Thanks.
  18. Y

PO761 Code

tranny woes Well I got the electrical part taken care of. I replaced the rest of the wiring harness. Now it tries to shift into OD eltronically for 3 or 4 times and then gives up when it can't. So it turns out I have a two part problem since it didn't even try to shift electrically before...
  19. Y

PO761 Code

Ok. Hey thanks for the help anyway. It got me a little further than I was to figuring it out. I'll get it to a shop and see what I can do from there. I'll try to let you know what we come up with. Thanks again.
  20. Y

PO761 Code

External harness When I checked the resistance I came up with 13.7 ohms. I want to check the milliamps but I am not sure what setting to put the meter on to check it. I tried putting it on 200m, but I came up with 0, and that was with the truck running. Was that the right setting? Like I said...
  21. Y

PO761 Code

Tranny Code PO761 Ok Glacier. I checked the internal harness and I am coming up with 27 ohms. I rechecked the outside harness that connects to the case and I came up with the 13.7 ohms again. So I am guessing that it is in the wiring from the PCM, but now I am at a loss on how to figure out...
  22. Y

PO761 Code

I have measured it before, and if I remember correctly it came up at around 26 or 27. So I don't (think) its the internal harness. But, I am going to check again to make sure I didn't miss something the first time. After reading the other thread you mentioned, I'm second guessing myself. I do...
  23. Y

PO761 Code

I have replaced the SS3 and when that didn't do the trick I switched it with the SS1 to make sure it wasn't just a bad solenoid and it still didn't work. I can try chinging the internal harness it's one of the few things I haven't done yet. But how does that explain the weak resistance on the...
  24. Y

PO761 Code

I haven't changed the internal wiring harness. Just the outside one that has the TRS plug, O2 plugs all rolled into one harness. I tested the 7/10 plugs on the outside harness and only came up with 13.7 ohms for the SS3. It is supposed to be between 22-48 correct? I came up with this same...
  25. Y

PO761 Code

SS3 stuck off. Wiring problem I think? Bump
Back