Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Cleaning nav / entertainment screen

Spit and shirt tail. Works Great.
  2. M

Easy Entry/Exit Issues

Take it to the dealer. Unless you have a good extended or ESP, do it now.
  3. M

New Explorer Owner

Welcome! Nice truck.
  4. M

Headlights with the 400A Package

The halogen projector OEM bulbs are awful. Sylvania ZXE's did he trick. I upgraded headlight and fogs.
  5. M

Passing Red Line in RPMS when running WOT

Speedo red-lines are manufacturer recommendations. There not trans tuned shift points.
  6. M

rpms seem to run high

If you toggle the cruise between 68 and 72, you go from 2000-2200 or so. Seems to ride better at 2000. better MPG also. Mine moves from 19 mpg- 23mpg in that range.
  7. M

Time for tires

I'm a big Nitto Fan. I've been running Nitto trail grapplers on my full size Tundra for 4 years now. Great wear and quality.
  8. M

2015 Ford Explorer Sport pricing confusion, unhaggle is full of sh*t?

Guy's- My MSRP was $52,248 on the 15 Sport. After a few hours of back and forth my final was $46,759. Walking in off the street.
  9. M

Horn Beeps On Exit

Mine honks if you walk away with the FOB in your pocket and the car is running.
  10. M

2015 Ford ESP Changes

I looked hard at the Ford ESP when I bought the EX last month. The dealer had another option. They have a lifetime engine and powertrain warranty that they offer to anyone that buys a vehicle from them, no charge. On top of that they offer a "wrap" plan with a National Warranty company that...
  11. M

Accelerator Pedal "Clicks"

Search here: http://www.fordproblems.com/Explorer/
  12. M

Howling noise when turning/braking

Generally a worn outer CV joint would make a howling noise when turning and a worn inner CV joint will make a howling noise on brisk acceleration. A worn CV joint generally will not make noise just cruising down the road. As far as you're aware, has this truck ever had a damaged CV boot? Or in a...
  13. M

New owner 2015 XLT

Good luck. Nice Ride.
  14. M

Question regarding Towing

The trailer has surge brakes. I'm not sure what the tongue weight is. Previous I towed with a full size V8 pickup. I just want to be careful with the new EX.
  15. M

Help!! Stolen 2013 Silver Ford Explorer!!

Either a trolling BS're or a complete moron. I'm gathering both.;)
  16. M

Swap HID from 2015 Limited to 2015 Sport

Do you know what part numbers you used? I'm doing both Headlight and fogs.
  17. M

Swap HID from 2015 Limited to 2015 Sport

Tony- Which kit or product did you use? I'm making the change.
  18. M

Bought our second Sport

Good luck! What happened to the 13?
  19. M

Snow Driving

I've had my 15 Ex SP for a month. We see a significant amount of snow each week. The car is garaged and I warm up 10-15 min prior to driving in -15 to 20 degree weather...pretty much all winter. So I really haven't driven in warm temps yet to make a determination. I have to say I don't see any...
  20. M

Two horn honks. What is it trying to tell me?

If I have a phone, Ipad or Pod plugged in and I walk away from the vehicle, lets say at a gas station, with the key in my pocket, I get the two honks.
  21. M

When the snows gone in April I'll start playing with the hitch and boat trailer. Thanks for the info.
  22. M

I tow at 60-65, all highway, about an hour each way. Nice to know you use a straight receiver, no rise?
  23. M

I'll have to weigh the tongue and figure it out. I'll probably need a raised ball mount if I'm coming from a full size pickup?
  24. M

Question? I tow a small 20 foot ski boat that weighs 3500lb boat and trailer fully gassed and loaded. I have the 3.6 EB with the added tow package. Do I need a weight distribution hitch?
Back