Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Emergency Brake will not engage

So I was able to get the issue resolved myself and I didnt have to get totally under the car. Since there was tension on the cable , I had to cut the cable on the front end side. Cutting the cable and getting the parking brake in and out took a long time because there isn't much working space...
  2. V

Emergency Brake will not engage

2013 Ford Explorer XLT V6 Need some help with emergency brake. I press down on the brake and it will no longer click/lock I initially watched this video in regards to replacing the pedal. I was going to do it myself until i found out that it seems that I may need a hoist to go under the car to...
  3. V

Coupon Codes for Forum Members

Hello can you provide a coupon code for FB5Z2780A
  4. V

Connecting dashcam to wiring harness (rear view mirror)

Hello I am wondering if anyone has connected a dashcam to the wiring harness of the rear view mirror. I was thinking there would be some sort of pre-made harness that I can connect a dashcam to that I could buy online, but I dont know what words I should specifically search for.
  5. V

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

My car is still at the shop hasn't been fixed yet. This person on youtube thinks that its a design flaw and engine heat is causing these issues by overheating the electronics. I see nhtsa reports for steering failures all the way up to 2017, so it does not make me confident that ford ever...
  6. V

update: dealer says the truck needs a new steering gear. Lost communication to module. Are many others running into the same issue where the steering gear fails and is not being covered by the recall? No luck so far with ford care or dealer in amicable resolution.
  7. V

Ran into same problem again.. Currently getting service power steering now error and service advancetrack error. No power steering at all at this point. Waiting on tow. Feels like steering is locked even when moving slowly.
  8. V

No Sound - Sync

Everything is fixed on this issue now. The problem was a bad ACM.(The dealer was wrong) I replaced it with a used one. Thanks Jason and Peter for the help!
  9. V

No Sound - Sync

So Im back from the dealer, they want $1000+ to repair. They told me that the APIM needs to be replaced. I had an extended warranty on it , but it expired in april of this year. Is this something that I can source myself on ebay or elsewhere? ( I saw some kinda pricey on ebay for $699! Sheesh)...
  10. V

No Sound - Sync

Hi just an update, I went ahead and brought the truck in to the dealer for service because it was saying that there was an extended warranty for the my ford touch apim for my vin according to the ford owners website so ill wait and see what they say.
  11. V

No Sound - Sync

Great thank you. Do you know if there is any type of programming needed or can I just swap the part out and it would "work"
  12. V

No Sound - Sync

would you happen to know the part number? when I search on ebay it keeps coming up with something to do with an airbag.
  13. V

No Sound - Sync

Trying to find out some info about an issue im having. My wife normally drives and she heard a pop one day, that sounds like a speaker pop. After that no sound coming from the speakers, no sound from radio , no sound from bluetooth calls , etc. Im thinking maybe there is some amp that drives...
  14. V

Broken pigtail antenna

i ended up going to a small independent body shop for this. the larger ones wouldnt fix without repainting the entire roof, and charged double the rate i paid as a result of that. they did have to take down the headliner as you said. they fixed the sheet metal and put paint on that small area.
  15. V

Broken pigtail antenna

i was very unlucky to hit the antenna on the exact spot as the metal garage door handle. ripping it right off. i think i would be able to bend some of the sheet metal back, im just wondering how much work it takes to get to it from underneath. my main worry here is getting it fixed correctly so...
  16. V

Broken pigtail antenna

here are some pictures of what broke off. is this something i can do myself? Im assuming i need to take out the roof headliner somehow? Is some welding gonna be needed here? here are the pic
  17. V

Broken pigtail antenna

Hi im hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. My roof antenna got caught on the garage door while backing out and broke off. this is 2013 explorer
  18. V

Im still waiting for the recall to get extended to the rest of the 2013 vehicles. They cut off vehicles that were manufactured after feb 2012, which excludes almost every 2013 explorer and beyond right? Whats the point of even mentioning 2013 explorers in the recall if they don't intend to fix...
  19. V

I went ahead and reached out, but have not been able to get to any adequate resolution, even with an escalation. Here is recap: Ford Motor Company has recall #14S06 for steering control defects in certain Ford Explorer models. NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 14V286000 The Power Steering Assist...
  20. V

Ok. I'll try and contact them. in the meantime I'll need to update my nhtsa complaint to reflect that my vin was not part of that recall.
  21. V

is that the correct website? it doesnt look like a forum.
  22. V

Still no luck, with ford they told me my vin does not fall into the recall, even though it is a 2013 explorer with same exact symptoms /solution. Everybody in customer service there is like a robot.
  23. V

I have not made any progress on this issue, the truck is still at the dealer and I am still running an uphill battle with ford to get this fixed. If any of you are on twitter, if you can follow my wife's twitter account for any updates for this steering problem I would appreciate it. She is @...
  24. V

Where do you pull up a window sticker?
  25. V

Is that something that I can tell from the VIN Number? Truck is still at dealer.
Back