Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Did my transmission just bit the bullet? 2008 V6

I had to try to move it again to get it out of the street and the tranny sounds like a hot mess. Got a tow scheduled in the morning. I will post whatever the news is.
  2. S

No codes. It appears the brakes are off. I was actually able to just push it forward a bit. Its up hill so I can't push it far but then it rolled back to where I started and then stopped. It was an neutral so it shouldn't have stopped at a specific spot like it did.
  3. S

115K Miles. Not getting any check engine lights.
  4. S

My wife was started to accelerate in our neighborhood and hears 'Ka plunk' (or whatever the noise was). The car now doesn't move in any gear. Even in N, I can't push it to move. Engine revs up on throttle like you would expect but it doesn't engage/move. Once the RPMs get to about 2-2.5K, the...
  5. S

2008 Ford Explorer Heater Problem

clicking to me sounds like the air blend door actuator. It is a little motor in your dash that rotates a flap to decide how much hot or cold air you get. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/air-blend-door-actuator-recap.441187/
  6. S

Ford Bronco / Ranger Confirmed

There has been alot of good evidence to support that the Bronco and Ranger are coming back but no one has come right out and said it. However, a UAW plant chairman just cited it as a reason for small car production moving to Mexico so the Bronco is finally official. 2 door Ford Bronco below...
  7. S

Life expectancy for 4.0 SOHC

2003 V6 - just hit 180k with no engine failures. This engine still runs great and doesn't have any sign of dying at this point. 2008 V6 - just hit 100k with no engine failures. *Both engines have had the radiator replaced and thermostat housing replaced due to leaks.
  8. S

Knocking under dash w/ heater..

I read that same thing on a few sites that the part had to be from the dealership but I couldn't find that supported anywhere so I ignored it. Sounds like a rumor that someone who works at a dealership made up. 2008 Ford Explorer V6 2WD manual air (has knob that you turn from hot to cold)...
  9. S

These 2 links should give you all you need. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/air-blend-door-actuator-recap.441187/
  10. S

To add more info, the blend door actuator is a little electric motor that moves a the hot air vs cold air 'flap' up and down based on how you have the air temp set. There are gears inside and typically one of the gears is damaged or sometimes the motor loses its position. I remember needing...
  11. S

I had the same issue. Don't pay 1100! It's the blend door actuator. You can replace it without removing any interior parts other than a little trim piece. I think the part cost me 80 bucks.
  12. S

My iPad Mini Build Thread

Sorry to see you are selling your explorer! Hopefully you'll have another soon.
  13. S

downshift bumb..not the solenoid..driving me bonkers

So sounds like there is basically no hope for us based on the video. To sum up the 7 minute video; The servo rod is much harder than the aluminum servo bore so the bore is wearing out and growing wider. The servo bore is part of the transmission casing so there is no quick fix. Kinda sounds...
  14. S

downshift bumb..not the solenoid..driving me bonkers

2008 V6 with 100k miles. Sign me up for the same downshift bump during quicker deceleration. I actually came to the site this morning to research this exact issue because it was fairly noticeable yesterday as I did a drive with alot of stop lights.
  15. S

HID headlight questions

I originally installed some bright LED bulbs and wasn't happy with the pattern so I returned them and went with the projectors. The projectors are sweet, they are like having your brights on all the time but a shield blocks out the light from going upward and creates that headlight line. With...
  16. S

Replaced Key Fob Battery

The range on my key fob was starting to get ridiculously short. Changing the battery is real easy, Take the key fob off the key ring. Put a screw driver is wider slot between the 2 sides where the key ring was at and twist. Battery is CR2032 and I found it at walmart in the watch section. 2...
  17. S

vacuum hiss after turning off vehicle

Good plan! I'll try that
  18. S

vacuum hiss after turning off vehicle

2008 V6. When I turn off the engine, I hear a vacuum hiss from the passenger side engine compartment that sounds like a vacuum leak and the vacuum lines 'depressurizing' as the sound slowly dissipates. Do you guys have this to? I wanted to check and see if this was normal before I spent a...
  19. S

Do you have a lightbar in your grill or on your bumper? I've never seen those I think. I know we both did the projectors at about the same time last year.
  20. S

2003 Explorer Limited Seat Adjustment

Agree with above post. I've had good luck with local 'pull a parts' and some have it where you can check vehicle inventory online or just call before you make the drive. Have also seen complete seats on eBay and Craigslist
  21. S

2010 EB For Sale Is It a Good Upgrade?

Great looking SUV and I think its a great upgrade from the 97 model. I do agree with some of the others that the 16.4k buy it now price seems a tad high but I'm sure the buy it now price is always a bit high. I have nearly the same vehicle in a 2008 model and have really enjoyed it. Only...
  22. S

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

I didn't have a good picture of the full car but had a picture of the projector headlights and LED fog lights.
  23. S

Question about 2007 Eddie Bauer 4x4

Sounds like a good price. At 7500, you'd have a good amount of money repair future failures and still have a nice SUV for under 10k. I got a 2wd because I don't have any snow where I live and I didn't plan on doing any offroading.
  24. S

Gen 4 Explorers not very popular?

We have an 08 as our primary vehicle and just love it. My brother has the newer gen and we think the newer one is a downgrade. Its really not a downgrade because a comparison is like comparing apples and oranges. Like others said, 4th gen just had bad timing with the gas prices. Have you seen...
  25. S

Awesome! So it will be operational once you plug in the iPad?
Back