Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

new update from forscan

I was finally able to turn off the seatbelt minder and it works now..... no more annoying dinging when the GF refuses to use her seatbelt I also was able to change the oil reminder to 10,000 miles / 1 year and a new function was added called "Police Speedometer Offset" it started at 85 and i...
  2. M

Front U-joint

I was finally able to unleash the beast inside my drivers side wheel bearing and replace it but after 4 days I started hearing a noise that sounded like a broken TPMS bouncing around inside a tire or a faulty ebay wheel hub so I went outside and jacked up my front and did some wheel spinning and...
  3. M

stock swaybar end link bushings upgrade

after my first set of front links ate the bushings after maybe 3 years I decided to try to find an "energy suspensions" solution and I dug up that the links are the same as a 94-01 dodge ram but those links are only offered in a kit including the sway bar bushings and those dont work with the...
  4. M

forscan pats...just a rant if i might have missed something

I am trying to swap out a cluster which I have no keys for, everything Ive read says a 2006 cluster is compatible both are w/o nav and message center after completing the 12 minute wait and process it says 2 keys saved but the keys dont start the truck and are bricked in the original cluster but...
  5. M

2017 Platinum external mirror glass loose

has anyone experienced a flutter from the side mirrors at start up..... dealer does not want to look into it as it never happens when vehicle is taken in
  6. M

fog light fuse and relay

I cant find my owners manual to save my life can anyone tell me the locations..... online searches are coming up blank
  7. M

liftgate glass...... ugh.....

I been dealing with this problem for over 6 months now....at the least opportune time my door ajar light will come on and if if take off too fast my rear glass will open.... the only way to check it is to turn on the rear wiper and if it does not work the rear window is unlatched..... there is...
  8. M

spark plugs changed

I was getting a slight rough idle so decided to change my plugs 4.0 has around 130k so I figured it couldn't hurt. I did them all top side with basic hand tools, only took around 2 hours and they looked like they really needed to be replaced. I wanted to use the double platinum app5143's but...
  9. M

vibration / wheel wobble at higher speeds

I was having a high speed wheel wobble so I looked everything over on the ground and noticed my front right tire was getting uneven wear on the outside. I jacked up the truck and the bearing on the front right had some movement. I swapped the tires left to right until my new set of bearings...
  10. M

Aux plug modification

parts needed radio shack "274-0284" 1/8" stereo phone plug quantity 2. I needed 2 so I could probe the wires but for the price its cool to have an extra or maybe you have a friend that would like this job done My new headunit has rear aux input, I did this to retain the factory AUX plug, also...
  11. M

charging voltage

when I start my truck it charges at 14.5-14.4 after it warms up it slowly drops down as low as 13.8... sometimes getting off the E-way it will read 13.2 and slowly go back up to 13.8-14.0... Is this normal behavior, my 98 read 14.4 all the time and I think this is why I am getting low resting...
  12. M

cloth door pannel inserts

So I am finally getting around to tackling this project.... bought 1 yard of the perfect color tan vinyl and will soon be replacing all the cheesy cloth that gets dirty... I will update with pictures when this is all done and a rough how to and difficulty of the project... I know that I am not...
  13. M

PATS rfid keys

I bought some keys off ebay and they did not come with chips it was quite a disappointment so I never did anything with them... the other day I was bored and decided to walk the local junk yard... I noticed a 2004 explorer with the column all taken apart... what caught my eye was the rfid...
  14. M

door lock/unlock

my rear right door worked sometimes when I first bought my truck used, over 3 months it totally stopped working. So I just got around to buying a new actuator and got installed... really easy job... the broken actuator feels sloppy like it is broken but I still can not lock/unlock my right rear...
  15. M

light sensor 2007 xlt

I want my fog lights to come one everytime I unlock my doors.... I do not have auto lights and have tried covering everything on the dash with news paper to locate the sensor and nothing has worked... where is the sensor... every car/truck I have owned the sensor was on the dash and I could...
  16. M

throttle body gasket

I cleaned my TB today... so what is up with that funny looking gasket... all those fingers on the top and bottom, I just wanted to grind the all smooth but did not... lol
  17. M

rear wiper cover thingy....

when I bought my 07 xlt I didnt notice the wiper motor is exposed.... and from a lack of words I cant find this part in any searches... its just a simple cover that snaps into the base that the motor is mounted to on the interior glass.... what do I need to search for... lol
  18. M

subwoofer build log

I started my build and I have the rough box complete for my 12" DC audio level 3 that has a 21 day build time to delivery... 1.25 cuft 33hz tune ported... the sub goes on the right and the left will hide all the wiring and the amp rack will be on top of the left, 4 channel to the doors and mono...
  19. M

Retained Accessory Power

On a 2007 xlt... does anyone know a fuse either under the hood or under the dash that controls the RAP features so I can tap into this to power my aftermarket head unit ... I am not about to spend $60 to do something a relay and some wire can do for almost free... If nobody has done this then I...
  20. M

cluster problem

2007 Explorer XLT 4wd 4.0 SOHC... last night driving home from work my IP started to flicker and dim and then went completely out. Only the high beam and blinker lights function and mecanical gauges, all other functions as far as I can tell still work but the rest of the cluster does not...
Back