Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Magnetic619

3.5L Ecoboost Owners - What MPG are you getting?

Thanks Peter for the link, I had been thinking about doing that for a few weeks, when the thread started.
  2. Magnetic619

Roof Rail Separating

Update on my roof rails popping off... My Ford dealership says that their work instructions for this issue is to replace the old clips (white) with new oversized clips (gray). If the problem occurs again, replace the rail assembly and covers. So they've ordered a replacement for mine.
  3. Magnetic619

Quick update on my MPG issue, they're diagnostic results while plugged into my EX showed them 19-20 average, but my gauge shows 11.7. They are still waiting for Ford Tech to respond with corrective action.
  4. Magnetic619

I dropped off my 17' Explorer Sport this Friday morning to the Ford dealer for the rear toe recall, roof rail covers popping off, rear washers not squirting, boost surging and poor gas mileage (12 mpg average) on gauges. Based on manually recording odometer readings and fill up on 91 octane, I...
  5. Magnetic619

Lunging during acceleration

I currently have this problem. I thought initially it was the tune or the 3 bar map, but when I put everything back to stock same problem. What's bad is that its intermittent, boost will peak at 20.3 and then drop to 10-14 while hard acceleration. Before I bring mine into the dealer, I'm...
  6. Magnetic619

Camera Washer Not Working

Thanks for the description of what to look for! Hopefully this will fix my similar issue.
  7. Magnetic619

Camera Washer Not Working

Got any pics of the "one way check valve"?
  8. Magnetic619

Turbo Failure Again

Is there threadlock on the shaft's threads?
  9. Magnetic619

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Added tunes from 5Star via SCT X4, this morning. 91 Octane Performance (stock) 91 Octanne Performance (3bar, cai) night and day difference!
  10. Magnetic619

Part number for the 3 bar map sensor

5 Star calls it that too 2010-2017 Ford Taurus SHO EcoBoost 3 Bar MAP Sensor AA5Z-9F479-D - 5 Star Tuning
  11. Magnetic619

Part number for the 3 bar map sensor

FORD 3 BAR MAP SENSOR FOR 3.5L ECOBOOST V6 ENGINES Part Number: Ford-AA5Z-9F479-B I think...
  12. Magnetic619

Which cold air intake system is better

I have a 2017 Sport and currently using an aFe POWER 54-12622 Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Pro 5R Cold Air Intake System. On warm southern California days, nothing noticeable in both sound and performance. On cold days it does feel a bit more responsive versus the stock box.
  13. Magnetic619

Car tries to initiate phone call upon start up!

I have this intermittent problem on my Samsung S8+ on Sync v3.0. Master reset and unpair didn't fix it. Why dial "0"?
  14. Magnetic619

SCT X4 Performance Programmer

I just recently used an SCT X4 on my 2017 Sport. I have yet to load a custom tune but the stock program for 91 octane from the SCT flash update seemed pretty good. The trans does shift more aggressive than stock. And my gas mpg's increased from 13mpg daily driven city to 15mpg. Also lead...
  15. Magnetic619

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

I have a 2017 Sport and currently using an aFe POWER 54-12622 Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Pro 5R Cold Air Intake System. On warm southern California days, nothing noticeable in both sound and performance. On cold days it does feel a bit more responsive versus the stock box. Im not running a tune yet...
  16. Magnetic619

2013 Ford Explorer Sport “Recommended” upgrades

Here's a good recent thread for suggestions... Top 5 Mods for a Sport
  17. Magnetic619

Painted Wheels installed.....finally !

There are a lot members on this forum that have either DIY or had their oem wheels professionally painted. powder coat, rattle can and plasti-dip seem to be the popular choices.
  18. Magnetic619

Not sure I made the right decision- 2014 Limited

I had a similar experience with my 2015 Limited AWD. Torque steer and loose steering and handling. Reducing tire pressure to about 35psi all around kinda helped, but I grew tired of how it felt and upgraded to a 2017 Sport. Better handling versus the Limited.
  19. Magnetic619

2017 Explorer sport cold air intake issue

Any check engine lights? Is the IAT sensor plugged in?
  20. Magnetic619

2017 Explorer sport cold air intake issue

Is it a swoosh popping sound? From the BOV's?
  21. Magnetic619

Top 5 Mods for a Sport

My first 5 basic mods were: 1. Window Tint 2. All Weather Floor and Cargo Mats (oem) 3. Splash Guards (oem) 4. Rear Power Seat Control Panel Cover (ebay non oem) 5. Rear License Plate LED replacement bulbs My next mods are performance mods intake, ecu flash (livernois), 3 bar map, thermostat...
  22. Magnetic619

Tune question

check this recent similar thread about tuning... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/2017-sport-ecoboost-3-5l-tuning.450350
  23. Magnetic619

looking for honest opinions on 5th Gen Ex

I lived and breathed Honda cars for some time and had considered adding a Honda Pilot back in 2015. After test driving a 15 Explorer Limited and a 15 Pilot EX I opted for the Explorer. Technology was the selling point for me. Two years later I traded in for the 17 Ex Sport, I wanted the power...
  24. Magnetic619

Whoop/Slide Whistle/Police Siren Noise

Have you checked if there is anything blocking air vents in the back? maybe a whistle?
  25. Magnetic619

Whoop/Slide Whistle/Police Siren Noise

Could it have been music on the stereo?
Back