Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Here's some motivation for anybody wanting to SAS their explorer. Yes it is photoshopped and yes I wish it wasn't lol
  2. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

There is a page on Instagram called @built_explorers. I would encourage everyone on here to go give us a follow and send in your pics! A group of us got tired of explorer pages not keeping up with there pages and not being professional so we decided to make our own. Go check us out!
  3. J

Btf uca/ lift help

Top is before bottom is after You can see how they were unable to adjust my camber because I was missing the "shims" Hopefully I can fix this problem now :)
  4. J

Btf uca/ lift help

I didn't remove them but when I went to get an allignent they said they were missing, this all makes sense now haha thanks guys!
  5. J

Btf uca/ lift help

I recently installed my btf lift and ucas and decided to replace my old worn out struts as well, problem is, as it sits in the driveway with no jacks my ucas and spindle is hitting my springs. Because of this my ride is extremely stiff and uncomfortable, when even I hit a bump you can hear metal...
  6. J

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

I installed the btf lift, new struts and btf ucas AS IT SITS my spindle and ucas are hitting the springs. Whenever I go over a bump it feels like a have no suspension just blocks because it's so stiff I have literally no travel at all. Can Brandon make larger ucas? Or can I fab something like a...
  7. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Yup I rubbed a lot and had to cut quite abit too but it's all good now, only probably is I couldn't cut on the inner right side because that's were the fuel lines and ac lines are placed
  8. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

285s 3" eBay spacer lift in front only and 2" wheel spacers also in front
  9. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

What lift do you have?
  10. J

worn shocks???

the only time it really squeaks is when the truck bounces, and it bouces ALOT. ive never replaced the struts, ive had it for the last 90,000 miles, since 2006
  11. J

worn shocks???

Hey guys, i just installed a 3" lift kit on the front of my ex, good news is it lifted it almost exactly 3". bad news is all it did was level it, i know people with newer explorer who installed the same lift and they have quite a bit more lift in the front then the back like its squating. is it...
  12. J

Why are 04-05 higher then 02-03?

I noticed my 2002 was smaller then the newer 3rd gens and when looking for replacement struts, they are different 2002-2003 and 2004-2005 can i fit struts for the newer explorers on my 2002 to get some extra hieght?
  13. J

Lift Option spacers on Ebay

Hey! I just finished installing my ebay spacers, it was a pain in the butt to install but it was soo worth it! It lifted my ex EXACTLY 3''. You can use the "How to install BTF spacer" thread to install them. The ONLY problem you with encounter is flipping the shock. The spacer reverses the bolt...
  14. J

Lift Option spacers on Ebay

I have the 3'' front spacer lift from ebay paid only $70 They are great quality and everything only difference to these and btf is the size. both advertise 3'' of lift but the ebay spacer itself measures 2'' while the btf spacer measures 2.5''. another thing to keep in mind, these ebay spacers...
  15. J

Painted Trim With Bed Liner

Thanks! my ex is the same color as yours, right now it just has flat black spray paint and its chipping so im going to bed line it next. plasti dip your emblems! it would look dope!
  16. J

Painted Trim With Bed Liner

what kind of bed liner did you use, and did you take the trim off or just tape it?
  17. J

Pics 4" lift!!!

:)
  18. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I really like how you mounted those lights, do you have a close up pic and or a link to were you got it? :thumbsup: :D
  19. J

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

Richloam Florida Little mud i found near my house
  20. J

Roof Mounted LED Bar--Check out!!

Pleasssseeeeee make a right up or SOMETHING showing us how you made that switch panel in place of the useless garage door opener thing, i was thinking this same thing!!!
  21. J

How To: Paint your headlights black

lol! i started with the corners first, melted them, then said to hell with the entire project. I guess ill try it again and just buy the corners:thumbsup:
  22. J

Jmedina613's Registry

Basically i wanted it out of the way. I didnt want people putting there stuff under there seat and possibly hitting it and the wires. I just liked it nice and hidden if you know what i mean, plus i haven't opened up that third row in 2 years.:thumbsup:
  23. J

Jmedina613's Registry

Hey guys, I thought that I would make a regristry for everybody's injoyment, but mostly so I can track my progress through the build. Thanks! :) Stock ex: My very first mod was with plasti dip. Wheels, emblems, grill and eventually taillights: (Bottom pic was from today) Second i painted...
  24. J

Questions About Wheel Spacers

Hey guys quick question, my ex is pretty much completely stock besides the painted trim, wheels, and 2wd mod. i want to get some wheel spacers to give it some stance untill i can afford tires and such. i plan on running 2'' all around, is this safe? Can i still do donuts in mud with my 2wd?
  25. J

Clermont FL Central FL

About a month ago I saw a sweet 3rd gen white explorer with blacked out headlights, it looked lifted with nice sized tires. he was driving the oppisite side of me on highway 50 And earlier this evening I saw another lifted 3rd gen all black at the light next to chik fil a on 50 Just...
Back