Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Help with Ignition coil testing........99 Ranger 3.0L

On our 99 Ranger 3.0L we are having an issue with misfire on Cyl 5. I tested the primary resistance between the 12V feed terminal and the others. All within spec. But when I go to test the corresponding terminal to the secondary I get nothing.........nor do Ihave any continuity between each...
  2. A

Transmission Cooler...........which line is the return line?

Yes. I plan on dropping pan, swapping out my solenoid pack, filter and do a complete fluid flush.
  3. A

Awesome thanks. Going to do a fluid exchange. Disconnect that line, start up truck. letit pump 2 quarts out then feed the pan two quarts. Keep doing that until its all new fluid.
  4. A

P0745 Help...........03 Explorer 4.0L

From reading online and other posts it looks like this is probably a 80% chance of a solenoid pack issue. I am planning on replacing them plus do a complete trans service. Total flush using 12 quarts of fluid and adding a bottle of LubeGuard Green transmission additive, filter change. I just...
  5. A

Wanting to flush a trans on a 03. Do you guys know which line is the return?
  6. A

Thanks. Guess my only solution to get this fixed and not have to rebuild whole transmission is this? http://www.fordservoboretransmissionfixsolution.com/
  7. A

Trying to help a lady friend of mine with her 03 explorer. Shifting has become erratic. Scanned for codes and has P0745. Initial troubleshooting was to pump a quart of fluid in and let the overflow drain until indication of full and to reset the PCM. About 5 miles down the road the...
  8. A

WTB: 99 Ranger 3.0L Air cleaner tube

Seeking air cleaner tube for a 99 Ranger 3.0 anyone has one please PM here with price shipped or email me. atxjax@gmail.com
  9. A

99 Ranger with 215K miles. Head gasket issue

Have the bubbles at the radiator for sure. I will start pulling spark plugs and see which head it is.
  10. A

99 Ranger with 215K miles. Head gasket issue

Im trying to help a family member out with their 99 ranger. 3.0L. Seems she has developed a head gasket leak and engine overheats if stationary and not running the heater at full max to remove some of the heat. being how this t hing already has 215K on it really dont want to sink too much...
  11. A

Differential Shock Absorber

It will help with side to side roll if you do.
  12. A

Seat belt interchangeability question

Im looking for a drivers side seatbelt for my 97 Mountaineer. Its a 4 door with the 5.0 AWD. Am I wrong in assuming that I can use any year from 95 to 2001 Explorer whether its a 2 door or 4 door?
  13. A

OEM muffler for 98 5.0L and drivers side seatbelt ( Austin TX )

as the title states. If you have these parts hit me up.
  14. A

For Sale Anyone in the Austin, TX area

Looking for a drivers side seatbelt and a muffler for a 5.0 PM me if you have any.
  15. A

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

Did them without having to remove the arms. The space is tight after you get ball joint press clamp in there but it can be done.
  16. A

Help picking out wheel hub.

Wound up picking one up from Advance Auto. Its the driveworks branded one. After discounts and such it came out to about $105. Nice unit and it came with new caliper bracket bolts and new bolts to mount the unit. Went in with no issue. All working out good.
  17. A

Rear lift glass hinge recall info needed.

I am going to try the recall route first since it's free. If i can't get covered then I may hit you up on those.
  18. A

You are right. Is this a TSB or a recall? I think its actually a recall since its listed under the NHTSA.
  19. A

Yeah, that was with the discount after taxes and all. I wa sin a time crunch so I couldnt wait on anything from rock auto.
  20. A

Wound up getting a Driveworks one from Advance Auto. Came out to $106 picke dup at the store. Came with new bolts for both the hub and the brake caliper. Installation went well and so far so good.
  21. A

ABS light came on after Left front Hub replace

Gotcha. I replaced a hub because of a bad bearing but sensor is still good on the old hub so I will just save it just in case.
  22. A

ABS light came on after Left front Hub replace

So just unscrew the 5mm screw and pull straight up?
  23. A

Cool. Thanks. I will try that as soon as I get home and write down that VIN number.
  24. A

I'm trying to help my Aunt out with her 03 Explorer XLT. The hinges on the back glass are broken and throwing the glass out of whack and it leaks. I found this recall concerning the hinges online. http://www.ford-trucks.com/recalls/?rclmake=FORD&rclyear=2003&rclmodel=EXPLORER&rclno=50893...
  25. A

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

So from what I have read some folks here state is that it is possible to do the uppers without removing the control arm? I'm planning on doing the uppers soon using Moog K80008's. So to gain a little more clearance remove the axle nut, push the axle out of the hub and secure things from...
Back