Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Fuel pressure, regulator not holding pressure

SOHC 97. Fuel pressure regulator is losing vacuum from 10hg to 2.5hg in 7 minutes. Is that normal ? What are specs for fuel pressure? My one runs with 33psi only when idle.
  2. I

Fuel pressure regulator vacuum check

Truck runs lean. I am checking everything and put a vacuum pump on the fuel pressure regulator to check if it holds vacuum. It goes from 15 hg to 9,5 hg in 60 seconds! Is that normal? There is no fuel in the vacuum hose...
  3. I

PCV Valve

PCV Valce Motorcraft ev255 Blow test failed? I got two new valves from Rockauto and I am wondering that I can blow through it in both directions. It rattles. That valve should allow flow only in one direction?
  4. I

O2 sensor wiring issue

I needed to change all 02 sensor wires due to some cable burns. I got 4 sensors. Each sensor with4 pins, 2 for the heater and 2 for the signal. In the PCM Pinout 4.0L SOHC as the following pins: The heater is mass controlled by the PCM and connected with a fuse to (+) on the battery. 93 Heated...
  5. I

p1131 p1151 codes only. Idles fine!

Hi from Spain. My 97 Explorer SOHC got those two codes but engines idles fine! I guess I got a leak somewhere but can’t find it. Both banks running lean. No other codes stored. Recognized that the egr valve makes noise when rpm increases but holds vacuum perfect! It is defect? On the green line...
  6. I

PCM connector ground shield wiring

Hello from Spain. I located some rotted wires inside the PCM connector harness. The BK PIN 25 ground wire (attached to the firewall) was crimped already. There are two shielded wires with a foil wrap crimped to the this ground wire. It is a Y connection. The BK ground wire PIN25 (case Ground)...
  7. I

1994 quarter panel fits 1997?

I had an accident and need a cutout of the right quarter panel for my 1997 Explorer XLT 4door. I can’t find any repair body parts, only for models till 1994! Does they fit? Please see photo Ford part no is 27840 for both models, 194 and 1997 on fordparts.com!
  8. I

Wanted seat belts rear right/left Explorer 1997

Original parts: F67Z-78611B68-D and F67Z-78611B69-D Color gray or black or widow green.
  9. I

Spark plugs for SOHC '97. AWSF42PP or AGSF22FM???

Hello from spain, canary islands! I am totally confused. I bought new Motorcraft plus AGSF22FM (SP-500) for my 1997 SOHC Explorer. I was about to change the plugs and see that there are AWSF42PP currently in the car. Look same, but different length of thread! The technical plate in...
  10. I

Hola from Canary Islands, Spain

Hi. I would like to indroduce myself quickly. I am a 35y old german guy living since 4 years in spain. Maybe you heard about Gran Canaria?!? A few weeks ago I bought me a 97 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC, 5 gear, 2WD with 98.000miles. Good conditions. The car was imported from Miami in 2004.
Back