Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Remote start issues

No change in behavior with the cord removed.
  2. 1

Remote start issues

I’ll try that and report back but I’m skeptical that’s the issue.
  3. 1

Remote start issues

We have tried AUTO and Last Used Settings, behaves the same. The temps are already in the 20s here and the cooled seats come on every time we want to remote start. I have to walk out and manually push start it to have the heated seats come on. We don’t leave any devices plugged in, we leave a...
  4. 1

Remote start issues

Did you ever get a solution to this? We just bought a 2016 and it behaves the same. If remote start is used my cooled seats activate, even in freezing temps. If you get in and cold start it manually, it will remember we had heated seats on last. Issue is only with remote start.
  5. 1

Rebuilt 5r55e Transmission - Moves Forward in Reverse/Neutral

Yes, without the connection, it would never shift out of 1st gear. Nothing was pulling it into other gear positions. Once the connection was restored I could shift between all gears.
  6. 1

There is a disconnect between the exterior and interior valve selector. At least on my issue, when I reopened my rranny I found the interior rod to select which valve was opened was not connected to the ball joint that the exterior shift cable pulls on. I hope this helps.
  7. 1

Bronco boy, are you having the same issue? It is unclear when you just quote me but don't say anything.
  8. 1

1997 Explorer goes forward in Reverse and Neutral

If you have the post on the shift lever connected to the valve pin, you will be able to shift. If not, you will stay in only one gear.
  9. 1

The arrow pointing at the pin for the valve body moves in and out. Depending on the location for the shift lever, the part that is circled, the pin will open up the different valves. When it is flush like the picture, it is in 1st gear. The shift lever pulls it in and out of its shaft. You need...
  10. 1

Here is my solution. I hope you had figured it out already sorry for late reply.
  11. 1

speedometer out / "OD off" light blinking ???

I just looked that up on google and found that it is on the Tcase. Thank you. I'll replace mine and see if it cures my issues. Same symptoms as stated above.
  12. 1

speedometer out / "OD off" light blinking ???

Did your transmission have two speed sensors on it? one in front by the bell housing and one in the rear by the extension housing? If so, which did you replace?
  13. 1

bone head move, didn't triple check. So I dropped the transfer case and checked the parking pawl. Everything was fine. I dropped the pan and I found the culprit. I can remember setting it right but must have moved before I bolted the valve body down. The manual control lever was not seated in...
  14. 1

I did some playing around with a spare transmission I have and I think it might be the parking pawl actuating rod not seating all the way into the#extension#housing. I will#check it outtomorrow and post back with what I find.
  15. 1

parking pawl I did some playing around with a spare transmission I have and I think it might be the parking pawl actuating rod not seating all the way into the extension housing. I will check it out tomorrow and post back with what I find.
  16. 1

I have also posted this in the transmission forums, but I am hoping I can reach some other people in this forum for some help on my issue. I rebuilt my transmission and now that it is installed every gear moves the vehicle forward. To read a more in depth explanation follow to my other post...
  17. 1

I have just rebuilt a 5r55e transmission for my 1997 Explorer 4.0 4x4 OHV. I had a broken reverse band that I replaced along with the front and intermediate band and all friction/clutch packs. I followed the manual on the complete rebuild and now that everything is back together I am having an...
Back