Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Rear Diff Rebuild Parts

I would think Spicer gears would be a simple install in the front since thats what it is. Other rear gears I had great luck with was Motive gears, and US Gears.
  2. S

Rear Diff Rebuild Parts

I've done dozens of 8.8 rears and you did it the same way I would have other than my impact will crush a sleeve. I always insist on people bring me Ford Racing gears to use to keep it simple, just reuse the factory shims and so far that has worked every time. The only small thing I would have...
  3. S

Manual locking hubs on 98 explorer 5.0

I installed those seals when I did my EX but I think they are for the factory vacuum hubs and arn't needed with manual hubs.
  4. S

98 EX, Locking Hub Questions

I just hammered them in like any other seal.
  5. S

Cam technology

Time to read up on cam specs. They will tell you what converter works with each cam.
  6. S

Cam technology

Fords alphabet cams were outdated by the end of the fox bodies IMO. Comp cams has been my go to for years.
  7. S

Rear Leaf lift replacement

Don't forget guys, that Ranger plus 6 inch springs are plus 4.5 inch on an Ex when mounted like an EX is factory.
  8. S

Input pinion shaft on rear 8.8 wont budge!

I have done over 20 8.8 rears and it is common to have to beat the pinions out. Just smack it with a BFH and it'll come out.
  9. S

Calling Anyone with a SUPERLIFT 4" kit.. I need your help!!

I haven't installed mine yet but I was going to try to run without it then see. In the past we just cut the link and used solid round stock with holes drilled in each end and weld the stock ends on.
  10. S

Tall valve covers to clear 5.0 roller rockers

The Fox valve covers changed in 92 or 93 for the 93 cobra since it came with roller rockers. They don't have those rod looking things in them. Mine fit perfect over 1.7 rollers.
  11. S

4406 front driveshaft shortening

yup, even early 2nd gen had the same DS.
  12. S

4406 front driveshaft shortening

This is why I tell people to use a 1st gen DS and a 627 flange, it'll bolt right on and be perfect.
  13. S

A twist on a manual BW4406 swap

I'd like to see how you finish it. Great job so far!
  14. S

Started RockRanger Bumper Kit

After some food and a nap I went back out and tacked both top wings on.
  15. S

Today I welded the center hunk and used ant splatter spray for the first time and it does what they say but all that extra splatter hits you now...lol I got tired of getting burnt from the extra splatter so I fit one of the top side wings. I guess I'll tack both top wing pieces on...
  16. S

Building a winch bumper for our 01 Explorer.

Do you remember using these on your bumper? They are the last pieces I cant figure out.
  17. S

Today I took off the stock bumper just to use the frame as a jig to tack the winch plate to the 2x2 and the 2x2 to the mounts. Then I took it off and took it inside to the table and started welding the winch plate gussets on and I ran out of wire...lol Anyone know what these gussets...
  18. S

First thing I had to do was make a table big enough to lay everything out on. It's just a temporary table so I made it out of laminated particle board 3'x8'. I started by tacking the bumper mounts mostly together. Then I cut my 2x2 and slid the mounts on and called it a day. Next I...
  19. S

Perfect, Thanks!
  20. S

I think I'm about ready to start welding my kit up (very sexy kit By the way) and was wondering if you have a picture of the new upper bumper mount you talked about? Is it one of the D ring looking pieces since it looks like you only weld one on each side of the D ring plate and the kit has 2 more.
  21. S

For Sale Second Gen explorer front winch bumper

Mine just showed up today!
  22. S

What gives with these lift kit companies?

My Superlift kit has brake line relocation brackets
  23. S

New header interest

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! Good luck!
  24. S

Junkyard Score! EX Superlift Kit!

I decided to do the hardest part of the lift first, the brake line relocator brackets...lol It's the hardest part because the old hard line is so rusty I knew it would crack if we tried to pull and bend it to the new location, and it did. So I got a 25ft roll of that easy bend hard line and a...
  25. S

01 Sport 5.0 Overhaul, Should I advance my cam timing 4* for more low end torque

The 429 and 460 was retarded 8* so all we do is order the early timing set and run it straight up, makes a nice difference.
Back