Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Heated and Cooled Front Seats

Hi Brandon, I wanted to see if you ever resolved this and what the solution was. Having the same issue.
  2. K

2012 Power Third Row Quit Working

Does anyone know if there is a way to manually fold/stow the power third row seats? Had the car loaded with the seats stowed and accidentally hit the button to fold up. Tore the wiring out of the wiring harness connections under the seat and damaged the motor. Just wanted to see if there was...
  3. K

Help. Rear rotors

I used the bolt method mentioned above on my EX and it worked out well. Had to put a flange nut on backwards on the end of the bolt to make enough surface contact with the back of the rotor as it was close to the edge.
  4. K

Water Leak

I had the same issue with my spare tire cover warping which was how I discovered the water in the spare tire area. I noticed the third row seat belts were damp and found the same cracks in the tailgate area just at the end of roof rack channels. The water was getting in there and running down...
  5. K

Sometimes I wonder if I really should buy a 2019 Explorer.

Not getting preachy, just saying that working in the paint department at the the old Mahwah Ford Plant, you must have some interesting stories about all the paint sludge they dumped in a hole in the ground in Ringwood, causing a Superfund sight. I heard it took them a year just to bust up the...
  6. K

Anyone know what these may be?

Had them in a Silverado fleet truck I used to drive at a previous job. While it didn't give me an audible alarm inside the cab when I was speeding, the company could track our locations and see how fast we were driving. Guys used to try to tape down styrofoam cups with aluminum foil lining the...
  7. K

Cracked D Pillar

Mine haven't progressed any further. I'm leaving it for now. Appears in previous posts that you need to remove the quarter panel glass to remove the plastic trim which seems to be a pain in the ass. If you look behind the glass you can see a screw head which seems like where the crack starts. My...
  8. K

Cracked D Pillar

Was giving the car its Easter washing today and noticed these same cracks. Identical in size, location, length, and angle on both D-pillar trim pieces. I can see the crack continuing behind the rear side windows which from reading some of the comments above, doesn't sound like it's an easy piece...
  9. K

Rattles Driving me CRAZY (Solved)

Where was the rattle in the passenger door? Sounds like I have something coming from there but haven't looked yet to see what?
  10. K

Oil Change interval

Thanks Peter. Yeah, changed the filter as well.
  11. K

Oil Change interval

So I changed my oil over the weekend (with 5% oil life left). I put 6 quarts back in (per the capacity noted in the manual) and found that my oil level seemed low on the dipstick. I checked it with the engine cold and with the engine hot after driving it around the block and again the following...
  12. K

Spare tire cover in cargo area

It's a support for when the third row seats are folded flat. It has to be removed to pull up the spare tire cover. Did you buy the car new or used?
  13. K

Low Speed Clunk

Thanks. I know those NAPA links have a grease purge designed into the blue boots. It would either be a very small slit in the boot or something more pronounced. This is to allow grease to escape and prevent the boot from getting blown off the housing if too much grease gets pumped in as well as...
  14. K

Low Speed Clunk

You can post them here with an Elite Membership, or using a photo sharing site and providing the link. I did receive the pics you sent me directly and posted the NAPA link here. Thank you. Just wondering what do you mean by "rotten and oozing grease" I do see in the photos that the grease...
  15. K

Low Speed Clunk

I'd be interested in seeing the pics of the NAPA links. I've seen the OE links, as they went bad early on my Explorer as well. Replaced them with MOOG links.
  16. K

2014 Sport - Suspension and tranny mounts - SOLVED!

Ford changed the strut mount design after the 2011-2012 model years (P/N BB5Z-18183-A) which might indicate a possible design issue causing problems. Since then the 2013-2017 Explorer strut mount P/N's continue to change, the latest being DG1Z-18183-B, and prior to that DG1Z-18183-A. The initial...
  17. K

2018 Expedition

Just thought some Explorer fans might have some interest in what the 2018 Expedition will look like and offer: http://www.autonews.com/article/20170207/OEM04/170209858/ford-expedition-slims-down-with-aluminum-body-for-2018 Edit - Wasn't sure if the Automotive News link was working so this is...
  18. K

My car sways a lot and I hear clanging noise

The ball stud of the sway bar link pulled through. The EX links use a very inexpensive method to assemble the ball stud into the end of sway bar link housing. Had to replace both of mine before 35K on the vehicle. Replaced with Moog end links. It's not like if a ball joint or tie rod failed...
  19. K

Interior Door panel issue / separation

Unfortunately the armrest is it's own separate issue and not limited to 2014 only. below is the link to that one; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/any-way-to-repair-armrest.375371/page-12#post-3590066
  20. K

Interior Door panel issue / separation

Other than Dbjax in post #20, looks like most of these are happening on MY 2014 Explorers. May be a bad production run of door panels.
  21. K

Sold our 15" Limited

No problem. Thanks for the clarification Peter.
  22. K

Sold our 15" Limited

This is interesting. We have the 2nd row ambient lighting in ours. If I recall the light itself is tucked somewhere up under the rear of the center console armrest. However we do not have ambient lighting for the 2nd row door handles. I thought that was odd when we first got the car and thought...
  23. K

Driver and Passenger side power windows not working

Thanks Peter. I noted that fuse to check from the manual. I'll look tonight if I can or over the weekend. There's a chance it might be frozen also. We've had some rain the past few days and now today we're in the upper teens and the car is not kept in the garage. Just not sure why the other...
  24. K

Driver and Passenger side power windows not working

@Jbyno What ever happened with resolving this? My wife just hit me up that the front driver side window will not go down, but all other windows are working.
Back