Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

97 Sport build number 2

I just bought a 97 Sport with the SOHC motor in her. She has 197,000 miles on her. Will be building her this time. Think she was the XLT model as she has the 6 disc CD changer in the Center Consol. Also has the Sub in the back. I will be bringing her home today. Was not able to drive off the lot...
  2. W

94 Explorer Build

I just Brought this beauty home tonight. Was able to buy her for $1,000. Plans are going to be a lift and going out on the trails. Not sure what route I am going to do just yet but it is going to be a mild build. Interior is in beautiful Condition. No Cracks in the Dash The floor and seats and...
  3. W

Colorado Get Together 08/2020

I am starting a thread for a Colorado Color run. Was thinking of the last week of August. I will be there Monday 08/24 and stay the week leaving back to home 08/29 in the morning. Let me know if you want to come along,
  4. W

BW1354e into a 2nd gen

Gonna do a little write up on my 1354e into a 2nd gen 97 Explorer. I have searched EVERY where as much as I can to see if it has been done and no one that I found was able to show that it was done or not. First my 97 TC was out. I got it running put into 4x4 and tried to flex her and all I heard...
  5. W

Here is a good Before and after 97 sport

The Day I brought her home 05/11 2017 next to a 96 that I do not have anymore. And this is as of 03/23/2019 Still needing to get front Diff installed. I have a Vacuum Disco that I am wiring in. Got Wires ran to drivers now I have to get it into the Driver Compartment. As of now she has a TT...
  6. W

Help please

I have a 97 explorer sport and I am gonna get a 99 or 2000 rear axle. Can the rear axle speed sensor work on my 97 or do I have to use the speed sensor on the transfer case? Yes transfer case has the speed sensor. Thanks in advance.
  7. W

New Tires for my Ex

I just purchased some Nankang MudStar tires 32/11.50r15 for my 98 Sport. Was wondering if anyone had reviews or has also purchased and used these tires. Yes I have a lift.4Door springs in the rear and TT up front. Thank you in advance. PFA
  8. W

My 98 Sport

Here is what she looked like when I first saw a picture of her. Here is what she looked like when I got her home. Here she is right now. Waiting on a Front Diff and Different Tires. Hoping to get 32" tires on her. She has 4 door leaves in the rear and front TT.
  9. W

My Explorer Sport Build

I had a build thread going and it had to many explorers that I started and then changed then started and then changed and so on and so on. SO I am gonna start an all new thread and just work off this one. I have a 98 Sport 5 speed Manual that I got from a member here on the forum. Here was the...
  10. W

Rainbow Falls Little get together.

Was planning to do a little get together on August 18. Playing around a bit in Rainbow Falls and Shubarth Loop Maybe. Planning to meet at the Mc Donalds in Woodland Park about 0900 then another meet spot at the Big Parking spot in Rainbow Falls about 1000 to 1030. Will be running CB on channel...
  11. W

Colorado Color Run 09/2018

OK I will start a thread here and see what kind of response I will get. @gmanpaint did a get together this year and would like another one here in Colorado again. I can research camping area's cost and trails and inform all about it. The Plan is to do trails around the Ouray, CO area. I will get...
  12. W

My Explorer Build

Here is my 97 Explorer 5.0 AWD. I bought her for $250. has been a great vehicle for the times that I have driven her. Have not had a chance to take her off road yet. but soon I am hoping to. Just got to get her Registered. :) Here are my plans for her. Right now - Remove side Steps TT Add a...
  13. W

Quest about a 96 transmission :-)

My Trans does not go into 4th gear. I will be getting a trans from the Pull and Pay. Was wondering if it mattered what year I need to stay with when getting another Auto or does any 2nd gen Trans work in my 96? Thanks for letting me know. :) EDIT :-) It is an Automatic.
  14. W

My Explorer build.

Well things change a lot at my house. LOL I was able to get my hands on a 98 Sport. Picked her up for free. CAN NOT beat that at all. Here is what she looks like when I first got pics of her. Here is her Interior a little messy now but other then that it is almost perfect. Here she is...
  15. W

Transmission Swap question :-)

Would a 1st gen Trans and transfer work in a 2nd gen? I have a 93 and motor is bad and I also have a 96 and the motor is good. Would like to keep the 96 Better condition. Thank you all for the help.
  16. W

93 EX build

Well here is what she looks like now at the house next to her Younger sister. Its a 93 Explorer XLT Eddie Baur edition. What my plans are is a SAS / SOA get 35" tires under her and then go play in the mountains. I am sure there will be MUCH more being done to her but for now this is what the...
  17. W

Well I have a new to Me Explorer.

It is a 93 XLT with a few issues. Not a big deal to me. I had to sell my 92 last year and have really regretted it. Now I have another one. I am picking it up Sunday and will have a lot better pictures then. Can not wait to get her and start my build again. Will be doing an SOA and a SAS...
  18. W

96 Explorer 4.0 sohc automatic trans

I am not sure if I am asking this in the right spot but I have been looking and looking and I can not find anything in here getting the transfer case replaced. I would like to put in a Manual Shift transfer case and was wondering what transfer case I can use to do this with. my plans for my Ex...
  19. W

a 96 Ex Question

I am pretty sure it has been done but just wanted to ask any who. My Dad owns a 96 4 door 4.0 with Auto trans and Over drive quit working. He wants to change to a Manual 5 speed and was wondering if it is a good idea or would more wrk and money be to much to do? Thank you in advance for the help.
  20. W

A trail in Colorado Springs area

Not sure where to post this but My club is going up to Longwater & Metberry Gulch on Saturday 11/14. We are all meeting at Rudy's on 31st and Highway 24 heading up into Woodland park. We are meeting there at about 0800 to 0830. If anyone is interested in coming along let me know. If you do not...
  21. W

Went out to a trail Sunday 9/13 had a blast

My club did a trail Sunday and it was for the lady's. So My wife drove my Ex and did awesome. Here are a couple pics or my Ex on the trail. This one I had to show cause of the Old EB. That EB (Early Bronco) Is a beast. It was a WOW Run (Women of Wheeling) here in...
  22. W

92 EX on 30's soon to be on 33's

Well a little about my Truck. She is green and has no lift right now. Here are a couple pics of her. What I have done so far is Replaced the Muffler, Added a CB and Painted the Rear Pillars Flat Black. I am planning to do a Solid axle swap up front and possibly getting rid of the leaf...
  23. W

Question for the First Gen Peeps :-)

I have wheeled with my 92 with the automatic transfer case. She did GREAT. Was very surprised at how well she did on the trail. Can not wait to get her lifted and bigger tires on her. OK So enough rambling. Who here still has the Push Button Transfer and how well is it? I like the fact that I...
  24. W

New EX owner from Colorado

I have a 4 door 92 Explorer EXT. Leather interior power everything automatic. She sits on 31" tires with no lift right now. Future upgrades I would like is a 5" lift put stuff 35's under and just have fun. Taller gears maybe 4.88s and select-able lockers. Here is a picture of her. I have not...
Back