Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

pissing out fuel out of exhaust haha

p0113 p0118 p0353 p1504 p1451 p0135p0141 p0155 p0161 p1409 here is a list of codes i found. also the MAF was showing 0.01 lbs/s which i thought was low.
  2. F

99 for explorer sport stalling

did you ever figure it out?
  3. F

1999 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC hesitates, bucks backfires

have you found a fix? my truck has similar symptoms but mine pings and missfires when i rev it up. it has been sitting for 4 months though i think my problem is bad gas because it only missfired before i let it sit
  4. F

Ignition Coil wiring

that helps for people with coil on plug style vehicls. i have a coil pack with wires. my problem i think is wiring from the pcm to the coil pack or the pcm themself
  5. F

Ignition Coil wiring

i had the same problem. i replaced the coil pack and it ran good for a few weeks. then it started misfiring on 2 and 6. pulled the wires off when it was running from the coil pack and they wouldnt arc like the other cylinders would. not sure if its a wiring problem or a failed coil pack. i...
  6. F

okay well i bought a brand new f150 because this truck gave me alot of problems from all the mudding i use to do. but im still content on fixing it. so i verified that cylinders 6 and 2 are not firing. i pulled the wires while it was running and there was no ark on 6/2. i replaced the coil pack...
  7. F

only problem is its near to impossible to get to the injectors because the intake is in the way. im just going to replace 3 injectors on that side. and i have a leaking gas tank so that also might be a problem too. if i fill it all the way it leaks. i replaced my fuel filter about 20/30 thousand...
  8. F

so a while ago i would say a month ago my 1999 sohc sport started misfiring when cold and would run right after warming up. got a code for ignition coil malfuntion c. i replaced the wires and plugs last year so i just replaced the coil pack. it ran right for the last month until a few days ago...
  9. F

steering extension rebuild................

do you need a seconed person to hold the steering wheel when you disconnect the bottom shaft? i wanna do it on my own
  10. F

goes into gear but doesn't move

i actually just put that tranny in last summer hahaha. engines fine i was going to replace the tranny annyways because it was grinding in 3rd and 5th. it had a slow leak from the input shaft. probably over heated the output shaft from lack of lubrication and changed the tensile strength. it just...
  11. F

okay so i ripped my truck apart and i laughed because my transmission and tcase are busted. output shaft of the transmission snapped on an angle inside the tcase. its jammed up in there and the bearing is shot. this is just for future reference should this happen to anyone like me. if your truck...
  12. F

being a young dumbass i like to do stupid stuff with my truck because... well its a good ****ing time. anyways last night i decided to do a burnout for ***** and giggles i drive a 99 sport with the 4x4 auto and a 5 speed. i have the sohc engine. i use to do this alot with my friends and its...
  13. F

4 door wheel well flares on a 2 door

awww **** man i was hoping it was gunna be easy. that truck is a daily driver right now and in a year or two its just gunna be an un insured mud truck so its not worth it to be painted unless i do it myself
  14. F

4 door wheel well flares on a 2 door

hey guys just a quick question. the extremely large flares on the sport is annoying to look at and ive noticed the 4 door ones are more practical and look better. would they fit on a sport? it just really bothers me looking at the rear wheels tucked inside the wheel well
  15. F

Engine Code P0430

my engine was flooded 4 thousand kilometers ago. it got into the exhaust would my best bet would be to change the cat? i have this code and to be clear it is the driver side. also i noticed a tiny leak that you cant hear unless you roll down the window
  16. F

Any events or runs in ontario canada????

where in MILTON? :eek::thumbsup::D
  17. F

4 auto to 2wd-4x4h-4x4L

the post you quoted says it doesnt exist anymore
  18. F

4 auto to 2wd-4x4h-4x4L

that isnt a reliable way though. you can cause damage to your tcase doing what i just explained. i can find an actual ranger tcase with out the auto for around a hundred bucks. the only problem would be wiring i dont know why you dont understand but oh well.
  19. F

4 auto to 2wd-4x4h-4x4L

i like 4wd how ever the 4 auto is sketchy in the rain and snow. i dont like under steer either id rather have over steer its easier to control. the other day i lost traction and the truck was all over the place with the front tires kicking in on and off. i didnt like it. i wanted to know if i...
  20. F

4 auto to 2wd-4x4h-4x4L

i read about that. but i love doing burn outs and fish tails and would permanently drive in 2wd except in the snow. wouldnt want to blow the case and be screwed. looking for a reliable swap. i would like a 3 way switch that lead to my center console through the floor.
  21. F

4 auto to 2wd-4x4h-4x4L

I just wanted to know if it is possible to convert my auto transfer case to the ranger 4x4 transfer case. i have not been able to find a manual tcase here in canada and there is alot of rangers with the electric 4x4 transfer case here. i know the wiring is different but could i wire my own...
  22. F

no start no oil pressure

I checked all cylinders wet and dry. best I got was 35 psi on the driver side middle cylinder. I think the timing might be off I cant see all the valves being bent. the engine is pretty new so I cant see the cylinders being damaged
  23. F

no start no oil pressure

the connector wires are blue with orange stripe and brown with pink stripe. it is the 99 harness and I am going to clean the injectors. if they don't seem dirty I am going to take the valve covers off. by any chance can a valve(s) get stuck from the engine sitting to long. and I forgot to...
  24. F

no start no oil pressure

as I was taking the injectors out I found this and found that 2 injectors were not connected. but I have no clue what this is. its plugged into the injector harness. the engine wasnt even warmed up and was running no more then 5 minutes. its not even remotely 30 degrees here right now...
  25. F

no start no oil pressure

I started taking off my intake because I think its numerous injectors stuck open. if its not the injectors I'm gunna take the valve overs off and go from there. you know a lot about these jeez. what are my chances of it being a head gasket and what is most likely the problem?
Back