Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Intermittent start then dies problem

^^^ thats for an SOHC. A tiny bit different than the OHV part.
  2. N

I take it this was for an SOHC... :confused: Lets just say when I bolted it up it sounded like there was a tornado in my engine bay. The side of the part that connects to the intake manifold is completely different with the holes being oddly shaped octagons and the o-rings being circles...
  3. N

Thanks alot aldive... really appreciate it
  4. N

I have this same problem and it most certainly is an IAC problem... do you happen to have a part number for the IAC valve? I have been trying to find it on Fast Parts Network with no luck. Or in fact if there is another reliable location I can buy it from, besides the dealer, that would be a...
  5. N

Gold Emblems

that looks spray painted to me.... why not just do the same to the emblems?
  6. N

Applying Touch-Up Paint

It is a detailing product that you can buy at any local auto shops. I think the most common one down here is Mother's but there are all kinds of brands.
  7. N

Roof Rack Paint

I repainted the roof racks on my truck which is a 98. If your roof racks are made out of aluminum clean all of the old paint off... ALL of it. Make sure the metal is nicely scuffed up and then prime it with 2 or 3 coats. Lightly sand the primer and then spray 2 to 3 coats of flat black spray...
  8. N

can this be true

whoops :(
  9. N

can this be true

You can get a free code reading at Discount Auto Parts if Ford did not give you the code. What exactly does it do when you try to start it?
  10. N

Camshaft Position Sensor- CMP video

GAR... why couldnt this have been posted 2 months earlier. :(
  11. N

Drivers Side door unlock problem

It is most likely a problem with the actuator. I got a quote from Ford 2 days ago on how much it would cost to replace mine. You (and I) are looking at about $245 for parts and labor. Just a heads up! :thumbsup:
  12. N

photoshop assistance...

I can do it but based on the angle those wheels were shot at and the angle at which the truck was shot at its going to look poor. Also the difference in photograph quality is going to affect is as well.
  13. N

How to: IAC valve cleaning thread (w/pics)

I cant find this part on FPN..... Anyone have a part number for an OHV in a 98?
  14. N

Another OHV Rough Idle

Didn't get a chance to run by autozone but I forgot to include an important detail.... The truck smells like it is running rich.
  15. N

Another OHV Rough Idle

I will take it to autozone tonight and see if they can pull anything off of it. I havent disconnected the battery so hopefully its still in the memory...
  16. N

Another OHV Rough Idle

See thats one of my problems... I dont know the code because after the check engine light turned off, I tossed the slip. I remember it saying something about it failing. It was on Bank 2...
  17. N

Another OHV Rough Idle

Yup, another one. I know rough idle threads are common and I did a quick search, but I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys here. My truck every now and then feels like it wants to die and the RPM drops down to 500 where it should be 900-1000 at idle. If I give it gas when its at...
  18. N

Any Central FL people here?

I live in St Pete currently but come August 10th I will be a 407 area code local. Thats Orlando for those who dont know.
  19. N

Painting stock fender flares

how much did that cost you?
  20. N

What else is this truck famous for?

Famous for the worst arm rests ever. Famous for faulty radio head units... Famous for faulty drivers side lock that doesnt unlock every time.... Famous for faulty camshaft positioning sensor.
  21. N

Some one dented my door

that is one hell of a bike dent
  22. N

EE supercharger for the 4.0 SOHC

youre gonna kill your precious gas mileage
  23. N

Reflective? Sticker Removal

I had a feeling a blow drier would be mentioned... I have no way to get a blow drier to my car so.... I guess I will let you know if it worked in awhile. :( I will just have to remove the side trim pieces in the mean time.
  24. N

Reflective? Sticker Removal

I have these stickers on the rear fender flares of my truck. They look extremely ugly. I think they are reflective and they are in the front portion right behind the door. I did the best that I can to remove them but they dont come off like normal stickers. You get a fingernail under it and then...
Back