Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2008 XLT Service RSC light & chime w/ABS

Follw up on my problem. After about 8 months of no issues, the alarm came back and has stayed on consistently. I took the Explorer to an Advanced Auto and they ran a diagnostic scan. It was a sensor failure in the front left wheel. Bought a new sensor and popped the wheel off. Turns out the...
  2. J

Intermittent Airbag Readiness and Seatbelt Lights

Oddly enough, and I have no idea why this is, but it turns out the battery died and once I replaced it, the fault went away. Not a drain issue or anything since the battery is alive and kicking just fine. Kinda weird but I dont question easy fixes
  3. J

2008 XLT Service RSC light & chime w/ABS

2009 XLT with 4.0L and I just had this issue happen for the first time the other day (158,000 miles). Dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree with yellow wrench, ABS, and swervy car lights and the "Service RSC Now" note with lovely chiming. No noticeable effect on driving or performance so I...
  4. J

Intermittent Airbag Readiness and Seatbelt Lights

Within the last month or so, I start my 2009 XLT and the seatbelt light and airbag readiness lights come on (normal) and sometimes stay on (not normal). It acts like I have a small child in the passenger seat. This happens when the seat is totally empty or most recently an adult is sitting in...
  5. J

Center Console latch problem

I had the same issue with my center consol, applied the Lukas2009 fix with some springs I picked up from Ace hardware, and the latch is better than new!
  6. J

Hub/bearing assembly front 07 xlt

I had an issue with my 09 explorer where I went through 3 sets of hubs in about a year. The issue (I think) turned out to be with the brake calipers. The pistons had seized and were creating an out of plane stress on the bearings, ruining them. I fixed the pistons, and so far, havent had any...
Back