Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

92 sport - hesitation and loss of power

check fuel pump pressure could be about to go.would cause lack of power and hesitation
  2. D

throw-out bearing?

Just replaced throw out bearing and clutch on mine.clutch was $189 and bearing/slave cylinder assembly was $70 did the work myself.I'd buy all the parts and if you can't do it yourself ask around and find someone who can do the work cheap.
  3. D

No power... period!

check the negative cable see if its loose anywhere.May just be that
  4. D

Clutch is not disengaging

check the clutch resevoir and see if its almost empty or empty.Just had to replace a slave cylinder.My clutch pedal felt normal but was hard to shift then after a week or 2 just went to the floor so check to see if it was replaced if not tranny has to come off again
  5. D

catalityc converter

if it was glowing red converter I'd have to say is probably a clogged converter
  6. D

Changed Fuel filter today. WHAT A PITA!!!

gas station fuel filters do catch alot of debris in the fuel almost like an oil filter,but what about rust and grit that get in your tank from say a dirty pump nozzle or your tank rusting or whatever.as stated earlier the fuel pump has a screen not filter so think of it this way how small is the...
  7. D

Speedometer

Speedo gear is plastic so they can break teeth.Replacing it really isn't hard so i'd suggest that.Other than the tranny fluid may spray out of the hole(unless you plug it) I don't think it hurt much other than your wallet since you have no idea how fast your going lol
  8. D

Questions about rotors + brake pads

resurfacing probably be a little different everywhere.I can get 2 rotors resurfaced for less than $20 but may be more or less around you
  9. D

Engine upgrade

Change the gears in your axles that should take you back to stock or almost stock and then just upgrade like you would any engine.Without changing your gearing and adding on a bunch of stuff your just working the engine harder to turn bigger tires.
  10. D

What oil at 190k miles 4.0L 6cyl?

From what I hear synthetics have a way of finding leaks.So I'd stick with just regular oil if you have no leaks now.Of course thats just personal opinion
  11. D

Super Swamper TSLs

As a trail or off road tire they are great.If you plan on doing alot of on pavement driving your in for some quick wear.
  12. D

5 spd. gears scraping????

check the clutch fluid resevoir may be low.if you add any and check after a drive or 2 and its low again its the slave cylinder.just had to replace mine have to remove tranny to fix it.did myself and cost about $100 in parts so not expensive just labor intense
  13. D

X24 Bit The Dust

It may be time to move up the chain and talk to someone in charge of your area dealerships.Had a problem with my '03 F-250 when the dealer wouldn't or couldn't fix the problem I went to another dealer and talked to them and they gave me the number to a area service rep or some big title like...
  14. D

"whining" noise coming from rear end

read this thread may have something to do with your problem http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110411
  15. D

Engine Sputter

If your spending the money on a new manifold why not buy a seal
  16. D

Slow leak, but from where?!

Check the clutch fluid resevoir had same problem checked resevoir it was almost empty slave cylinder is mounted inside the bellhousing and when it goes bad it fills the bell up with fluid
  17. D

No electrical power?

check the battery cables could be a bad ground
  18. D

Temp Needle Jumpy

had the same problem in my dodge caravan.Thermostat was sticking replaced it and worked fine.Might be your problem too.
  19. D

Missing Fluid

Nope no fluid inside firewall.Just went to parts store to get new slave cylinder($70 not too bad) and try to install it tomorrow.Anyone have any useful tips to speed it along
  20. D

Missing Fluid

I have a real problem here.I seem to be losing all the fluid out of the clutch resevoir.I can't find where its going.I pulled the little rubber gasket off the tranny to see if it was filled up or squirting out of the slave cylinder but no it's not and the clutch pressure plate is dry as a bone.I...
Back