Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Heat?/ A/C

Update. I replaced the blend door actuator on Saturday, and have heat again at the passenger side. The local O'Reilly had the part, $25. The forward screw was very difficult, to remove, and replace. The replacement took a couple of hours, but that included a few breaks to try some different...
  2. J

Heat?/ A/C

Thank you for the parts info and video link. I have the Limited, so extra tips for that black box could help.
  3. J

Heat?/ A/C

Thanks Peter, but I don't have the clicking noise. I tagged onto the message from TC53 because this sounded closer to my issue: no hot air on passenger side. I'm interested in parts cost and ease of DIY fix.
  4. J

Heat?/ A/C

I am having the same issue, passenger side. Any tips on replacing the blend door/actuator?
  5. J

Rearview Camera Problems

I am getting intermittent faults on the rear camera, where there is no image and unavailable message. Has anyone had to repair/replace the unit, and what should expected cost be? Is there an aftermarket preferred fix?
  6. J

A/C evaporator leak on a three year old car?

The return line from the rear evap condenser failed at 100,400 miles. I had the extended warranty through 100,000 miles, nothing was covered. The dealer can repair it for $1700+. They need to replace both lines, they said there is a lot of labor and rear end alignment required. The hole is very...
  7. J

Moonroof + Cargo Box

I use the Yakima Railgrab with a Thule Evolution 1800 on my 2012. This has worked very well, and it does raise the box. I originally went this route so I could get more width than standard cross bars and also carry Kayaks. I know the 2016 side rails are described as "flush", but I would take a...
  8. J

Split Armrest Issue

armrest tear I have the same armrest issue, first noticed at about 50,000, now at 60,000 miles. Driver side, 1.5-2 inch tear at seam. Ford has a definite problem with this design, unexpected for the price paid. There is no stress or wear in this area to cause this material to separate. I have...
Back