Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Explorer Sport 0-60 results

Has anyone here hooked up a meth kid, downpipes, or larger turbos? I'd imagine all of the above plus an aggresive tune would put that in the low 13's and mid 4 seconds.
  2. B

Round antena on roof

I'll buy the puck off of you!
  3. B

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

How much did that wrap set you back, and what kind of wrap/color did you get? That's exactly what I'm looking to do.
  4. B

How hard is it to find a used PIU Ecoboost?

They pop up once every couple months. Michigan SP uses them - keep an eye on that area.
  5. B

Just bought PIU - surging rpm ?

Just had this done at Ford. Pricey at $240, but worth it. She's fixed, and had the same issue as OP.
  6. B

Larger tires

Running 265/60/18 on my PIU, BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A's. Look and handle great. Quiet too!
  7. B

PTU Problems

Does anyone have the part number for this updated PTU applicable to police vehicles? I have a PI Sedan and utility, the sedan needs a new PTU desperately, and the Utility I'll change just to be safe.
  8. B

2013 PIU - Electrical Gremlin, and a squeak. Help!

Hi all, 2013 PIU with 105k on the clock. Noticing the following: - Every day the parking lights come on at random when the car is sitting in the driveway, and then turn off after 3 or 4 minutes. This happens often but not long enough to drain the battery. No interior lights come on and we've...
  9. B

New England Explorers - Still Active?

I'd be down for a Maine meetup. Got a couple co-workers with 5th gens too!
  10. B

Nope, not LEO. Just two really good deals on these! I prefer silver over black but I couldn't be picky lol wanted the engine more than the color. Ecoboost!
  11. B

My 13 PIU and new 13 Ecoboost PI Sedan!
  12. B

2013 Interceptor Utility - flickering rear lights

Just replace the light - it sucks but it's the most effective way. Ebay is your friend. I got mine with one tiny blemish on the inside, unnoticeable, for 60 bucks.
  13. B

The new taillight arrived and fixed this issue. Thanks for all the advice.
  14. B

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Does Forscan work on the Interceptor Utility?
  15. B

Update: It appears to be water inside the LH taillight. I've cleaned out all the water, and it started working, but after a day in the sun it's back to flashing again, this time causing all rear LED's to flicker (not good when you're driving a car like this on the highway!) I've ordered a new...
  16. B

Is a DVOM the same as a multimeter?
  17. B

https://goo.gl/photos/RbiGk1CnBJYi3fLj8 here's a video of the flicker in action.
  18. B

Seems to only affect rear LED's and not the bulbs in the back or front. Also seems like it's just the CHMSL and driver side tail light. I took a video, just need to upload it.
  19. B

It flickers when stationary and/or driving, but doesn't affect brake lights when those are applied.
  20. B

I have a 2013 Interceptor Utility that's experiencing an issue with intermittent flickering of all taillights. Yesterday I noticed my left tail light was flickering on/off (the LED portion), until the lights died when the accessory mode timeout hit. My friend told me today when following me...
  21. B

Access thru the firewall?

I have a 2013 Interceptor Utility I've tried running wires for my offroad LED's through the designated spots on the upfitter website, but am not able to locate the points they are speaking of under the glovebox, and am wondering if these holes have just been sealed up. What would be the path...
  22. B

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

2013 Police Interceptor Utility (Yes I know, not technically an explorer). I read about this the other day, and low and behold, I hopped on the highway and was nearing my exit when all of a sudden my cabin started to smell of rotten eggs. It was so bad I became lightheaded and had to pull over...
  23. B

The Ex saved my life!

When in doubt, I just don't brake (unless i'm about to hit something.) I had taken a race car driving experience course a few months ago and I used some of what I learned in that class. Braking basically makes you lose all control and leads to spin outs, etc. But regardless, the cars active AWD...
  24. B

The Ex saved my life!

I'll keep this brief, but it's a testament to how well AWD and traction control systems work these days. I was on a major highway going 80 in the left lane and passing a couple of cars. At the last minute, a minivan begins to merge into my car. I paniced as the only way I could avoid a...
  25. B

Shift to Park Warning

Thanks. If it's something I can fix I'm going to do it an save myself the heartache. The last time I had my car in for service, it was doing the door ajar thing, but of course, the day I brought it in, that morning it had stopped and they were not able to diagnose. With my luck it would happen...
Back