Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

93 motor swap issue

found an ecm for a 92 manual and it matches the other one i already had that did not work and acts the same. it doesn't want to run at all with them pluged in. the only ecm that works is the ZAP coded one.
  2. L

93 motor swap issue

Even if you can just take a pic of the computer code on the ecu that could help.
  3. L

93 motor swap issue

the 91 would probably work.
  4. L

93 motor swap issue

its an obd 1. it has to be the correct computer 92 manual trans and from California. not that easy to find in a yard.
  5. L

93 motor swap issue

well i took it to a shop and they said i was failing because my fuel pump was only putting out 20 psi. and i had a broken wire between the computer and egr or a bad computer. new fuel pump is in now and i cant remember how to tell what computer is what. i need a 92 manual computer. my search...
  6. L

93 motor swap issue

would an exhaust leak above the o2 sensor cause this problem? i just failed again. and did a sea foam and can see smoke coming out of the exhaust where they y pipe and manifold conect.
  7. L

93 motor swap issue

how many volts dose the perge solinoid run off of? i tried to trest it strrite to the batt and i blew it up.
  8. L

93 motor swap issue

lol is photo bucket still a thing? or can i just add pics now?
  9. L

93 motor swap issue

I just released when I changed the egr stuff and put new pigtails on the purge solenoid is a newer version oval plug. Was that wired the other way or will it even work? I did it one wire at a time with the cutting and soldering but I could have very well got that one wrong.
  10. L

93 motor swap issue

Does anybody have the wiring color codes for the EGR pressure Sensor and purge valve
  11. L

93 motor swap issue

Co2 is at 13.0, o2 is 1.6, hc is 18, co is .01, and no is 1120 ppm. The other low numbers say the cat is working
  12. L

93 motor swap issue

Didn't have any egr codes this morning.
  13. L

93 motor swap issue

Max is 508 and 761 and I'm at 1128 and 1064
  14. L

93 motor swap issue

Failed again Knox still too high but not as high as before. Is there a way to test nox before smog. Just put new o2 sensors in. And then I'm really lost what to do
  15. L

93 motor swap issue

New regulator and I can actually tell a difference. It's been 7 years since I have felt it run right I forgot. Hope o pass tomorrow!
  16. L

93 motor swap issue

Well I pulled the old fugue regulator off and no gas came out of the return hose. So hopefully I'm thinking that's my rich culprit and why the vacuum line popped off was actually a good thing according to the smog guy. 1 Could this been a culprit of my EGR codes as well Because the computer was...
  17. L

93 motor swap issue

I'm thinking new fuel pressure regulator. If the vacuum line being off helped. That make sense?
  18. L

93 motor swap issue

Well it passed everything but high nox. And the smog shop said do to the low levels of the other gasses the cat was probably working fine. I found my fuel pump regulator vacuum line was off but the smog guy said that probably helped. Does that make any sense?
  19. L

93 motor swap issue

I have a 5 speed and all new sensors and pigtails. And it a 1st gen so didn't think the broken speed sensor would be a check engine light issue with egr problem.
  20. L

93 motor swap issue

Well thats because I need a longer cable. Dose the speed sensor have anything to to with the egr? Do 1st gens actually need them for the computer?
  21. L

93 motor swap issue

Have no idea what to do now.
  22. L

93 motor swap issue

Ok finally got the codes. 452 speed sensor, 337egr above max voltage and 336 egr voltage high than expected.
  23. L

93 motor swap issue

Ya its egr voltage high and exhausted pressure to high. I pulled the cats of and washed them In soapy water. Stuff did come out of them. Don't know if it will actually help or not.
  24. L

93 motor swap issue

Any ideas? And can't figure out hi egr voltage
  25. L

93 motor swap issue

Well finally got around to trying to smog it (over 650 hours of ot last year I didn't have time) it is running nicely. But failed with really high NO. And gross evap leak. Evap has been fixed. didn't realize I broke the line from tank to frame when installing new fuel pump. Would that also...
Back