Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

93 motor swap issue

So long time no post. Glad this place is still hear.:-) I have a 93 Ford Explorer that I just put the third engine in. (I'm little rough on the truck) The donor engine came out of a 96 same long block, I have a key on engine off pass engine cranks with no start. all my wiring seems to be...
  2. L

96 shifting issues flashing od light

Hello everyone long time no post for me. I recently purchased a 96 4.0 ohv Explorer that had a leaky transmission for $400. after welding the crack in the extension housing. and replacing the vehicle speed sensor and the output speed sensor and the instrument cluster I still have no...
  3. L

97 v8 Explorer driveshaft questions

It's been a long time since I've posted,but I recently acquired a 97 v8 Explorer for $700. the problem is it's missing its front drive shaft. I went to pick n pull today for the half off sale but they didn't have any V8's. I did find a v6 driveshaft that look the same so I bought it now I'm...
  4. L

need help with 2001 3.8 mustang.

Car has no fuel pressure. Code reader says secondary fuel pump(fuel pump driver modual ). Any idea how to test this?thanks for any help
  5. L

nor cal explorers. Rubicon!

I will be on the con tomorrow morning going in Wentworth springs and camp at Rubicon springs if anyone wants to join :-)
  6. L

Rubicon.

Who wants to go and when? :-) Im thinkin mid July? Anyone interested?
  7. L

Hell hole memorial day weekend?

any nor call people wan2 go? :)
  8. L

Lifeguard might be goin V8

well anyone know what would be a cheep doner car for a 93 or newer ca smog v8? 5.0 or 4.6? i know the 4.6 is alot biggr then the 5.0, but i have big hammers lol. i will make it fit.
  9. L

your choice of transfer case?

if you had a choice of what stock driver drop transfer case you you could put on your rbv, what would it be? the reason i ask is, i recently got a job at a machine shop and can make an adapter:D. if there is one that every one would like to have. I'm also bored and want a new t case.:rolleyes:
  10. L

Explorer comp vs. Navajo comp? both for a MT

is there a difference between the 2? not sure what to search for on this one. the navajo i got the comp out of was a 93, and my explorer is a 93 aswell. i just put a 5 speed into it with the comp out of the same truck(wich was a 92) with the old comp it ran fine, but the new oon it just...
  11. L

Want Birfield's in your Dana 44? Check it out.

i think i will have to get some. https://rcvperformance.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=67
  12. L

hell hole reservoir

heading out sat morning August first camp over night headed home Sunday afternoon. any one els like to come?
  13. L

Rubicon trip?

Any one want to go this summer? thinking end of July?
  14. L

Lifeguards sas registry

will i guess it time i did one of theese :) specs Frunt HP Dana44 out of 79 bronco welded diff...$500 (frunt and rear no gears) 5.5: cage springs for F-150...................$260 14" travl shocks..................................$50 wild horses extended radius arms............$455 used 4.88...
  15. L

eBay find, this steering worth it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TIE-ROD-DRAG-LINK-KIT-DANA-44-60-BRONCO-JEEP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a11Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1e53d7d115QQitemZ130255671573QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
  16. L

pics from prairie city

tested the cut and turn beams i made and they worked great
  17. L

bad trans blowing EEC fuse?

question is, can a bad trans cause your car to stall and blow your EEC fuse? i have gone though 6 fuses in 3 days. i looked for shorting weirs, found none. hapins under acceleration. when i give it gas it stalls and blows the fuse. only in forward gears. revs fine in neutral and revers...
  18. L

prairie city today

anyone wan2 go?
  19. L

Lifeguard's cut and turn project

Well i have had my old ttb taking up space for a long time now, so i decided to do something with them. my best friend bought my dads old 93 explorer a few months ago, so we are going to put them in his explorer if we get this all right. so far we have the driver side beam cut and ready to...
  20. L

Fuel pump problem 911.

I changed the fule pump, fule pump relay and checked voltage to the to the fule pump, all is good. When I turned the key I don't hear the fule pump prime but when i use a jumper wire to by pass the EEC (Electroinc Engine Control) the fule pimp primes. I'm wondering if anyone knows where the EEC...
  21. L

sand is no fun.

so wile in pismo i thought i blew up a hub. casing me to get stuck in camp about 10 times. ordered some warn premium hubs off e bay and installed them. locked the hubs and spun the tires to see if they where working, and i still have a prob with the driver side. (the axle spins but the drive...
  22. L

Dana 44 shaft ?

OK so i looked in the solid axle Gide, and found a link to ford Dana 44 shaft lengths. the problem is the page doesn't seem to work. so my question is dose any one know what the diff in shaft length is in the 79 bronco, f-150 and f-250. or if anyone has a 79 bronco shaft they wan2...
  23. L

video from thisweekend

first one i ever made lol tell me what you think:D:thumbsup:
  24. L

sea foam in sisters car

well it starts like this. my sister has a 99 cheby caveler, and it has ben runing on 3 cylinders for about 9 months, and found out this week that it was just a coil pack. so i changed both of the coil packs and prob solved. the thing is i ran sea foam though the moter to clean it out after...
  25. L

lifeguard's new bumper

so i was going to copy my coworkers bumper but sadly, last week is explorer caught on fire when he was on the causeway, and was totaled :( so i got his instead of making one. :) i the guy he got the truck from said the bumper made the cover of a mag but i forgot witch one. :rolleyes:but it def...
Back