Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Ran out of gas today!

That blows. But it's nice to know how many miles left you have after hitting 0. I've always been paranoid that the car would die as it hit 0 lol...
  2. J

Can I afford to wait???

Vin number is still in the thread. Just giving you a heads up
  3. J

2016 explorer sport

I can't lie I am so tempted to get the 16' sport... it looks really good in white! nice car !
  4. J

LED back up, license plate & puddle lights

what lights did you use for the puddle lights and how were you able to close it? besides that, it looks great!
  5. J

Hit a bump and HIDs(coolbulbs) went out

DDM tuning going on for 4 months. not a single problem. they are nice and bright and have yet to let me down! did i mention its also half the price compare to others? ive had them last year in my infiniti and they lasted me 10 months before i went and ahead and traded that car for my 15' XSport.
  6. J

Decision Time! Sport or Platinum 2016

Ah..i am glad you cleared that up. for some reason i thought the platinum is the sport just with the extra luxury packages... If i was in the market for a new explorer id still go with the sport. currently i have the 2015 xsport and i love it :D
  7. J

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

I am planning to tint my front windows just like yours and the add the eyebrow. your explorer looks great! i definitely cant wait to do it on my XSport. besides that, i have interior led lights, HID on headlights and fogs. im probably going to add the shark antenna eventually.
  8. J

2016 Headlights Cool - Fogs SUCK......

I saw a 16' last weekend at niagara falls (canada side). the lights are sweet haha and the back doesn't look too bad at all! the car did have halogen fog lights though. if it was me, id switch to HID on both haha
  9. J

3.5 Ecoboost - What type of fuel are you running?

93 Since i first got it. not a huge difference in performance or MPG but its there.
  10. J

I need major "expert" help deciding!!!

thats not bad deal. i am paying 520 for my explore sport. originally it was $440. but since my state charges a car tax every year, i had my dealership include into the car payment, hence why it went up to $520. i have a 12,000 miles a year, 36 month lease. i feel like i got a hell of a deal. 4...
  11. J

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I haven't had the bad smell in almost two months now. i guess the people that said it would go away on its own were right. :)
  12. J

2015 Explorer Sport

Honestly, i used to have torque steer when i first got my 15 xsport. but since i expect it whenever i have to pass someone on the highway i have much better control. since then i rarely notice it anymore but thats just me.
  13. J

My '14 Sport and some of my mods

nice!!! definitely eager to see a video for the tune
  14. J

Paint Damage

That's awesome. I wish there was a video walk through. Just to see for myself. I am very visual person. Is there anyway I can find a video online somewhere? I'd like to see it before trying it myself. I'd hate to mess it up and cost more damage to the paint.
  15. J

Paint Damage

Easier said than done lol. I'll give it a try at the end of the week. Thanks alot!
  16. J

Paint Damage

Well it looks like the scratch is deep since you can see the white painting under the Ruby red. I'll take it to a custom shop to see what they think just to be sure.
  17. J

Livernois tune experience

I am in the same predicament. My sport is leased as well. Although I do love my car I am still 50/50 on whether I'll keep it. This is my first year into a 3 year lease. So maybe I'll change my mind. As far as I remember I think my buyout price was 26k-27k. I am very tempted to tune it...
  18. J

Paint Damage

SO about a week ago I was at work and noticed someone had hit, scratch my driver side 2nd row door. To this date I have not figure out who it was or what exactly happened. I am hoping to fix this as soon as possible as it its driving me crazy. I have a ruby red 2015 explorer sport so it stands...
  19. J

Looking to buy a 2015 Explorer Sport

I've had my 15 xsport since February. I've done probably 4 road trips and no one has complain about leg room or comfortability. Love this car. Plenty of speed. If you're worried about MPG you shouldn't get an suv.. Honestly aside from that I can't complain. Take a test drive and see for...
  20. J

Lease Price

That's not bad. I'm paying 520 but that's with property taxes included(Rhode Island car tax smh) . Before that it was 400 even. I did have a trade it but also made sure to have them give me free oil change plus 12500 miles/year (36 month lease)
  21. J

55 watt hids installed

I have the same kit in my Sport15 Its not perfect but it's pretty dam good. Bright as it can be and it's not blinding incoming or oncoming traffic.
  22. J

They're Heeerrreeeeeeee

Hate the back... Wish they kept the same back from 2015.
  23. J

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

I'm at 7000 miles... 3 months into my 3 years lease. I just love driving my 2015 sport.. Lol
  24. J

For the Sport owners

Same here. 15 sports and not a single problem. The car rides smooth. Mind you I am a speed demon haha so trust me when I say my car can't ride any better.
Back