Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Cracked rear

Cracked to what extent and where specifically is the crack? Is it leaking fluid? Were there any noises while you drove it? Can you post clear pictures of it?
  2. H

Motorcraft p/n for pinion seal

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1117444&cc=1385355&jsn=350 Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 12305284, 2L1Z3N134AA, C7AW4676A, C7AZ4676A, CC7AZ4676A, D0AW4676C, D2AW4676A, D8BW4676AA, D8BZ4676A, D8BZ4676AA, D9AW4676AA, D9AZ4676A, D9AZ467AA, E27W4676A1A, E27W4676AA, E3TZ4676A...
  3. H

Torx Sizes For 4.0 SOHC Cylinder Head Bolts ?

I got the new bolts, but haven't cracked open the spare motor. The (new) bolts sizes are E12 for the two smaller bolts and T-55 for the bigger bolts. Victor Reinz Part number GS33401 / ES72171 UPC # 0-27067-40093-2
  4. H

Torx Sizes For 4.0 SOHC Cylinder Head Bolts ?

I ordered new head bolts for my spare motor that I'm going to do a gasket overhaul on along with a new timing kit. I just realized I don't even know what size torx attachments are needed seeing that each head has 8 bolts along with 2 smaller bolts.
  5. H

2002 4.0 no start

Spray starting fluid into the throttle body while someone cranks it. If it acts like it wants to start or run then dies that would tell me the fuel pump is dead. The compression test is great advice. A fuel pressure test would also help rule out a couple of things like a dead fuel pump or a...
  6. H

2001 Sport, 31s with 15x10s on stock suspension?

They don't stick out. I don't like the look of wheels sticking out. I like them flush with the fender edge. I like best for the wheels to fill in most of the wheel well. The stock 16x7 rims remind me of when a little girl with small feet wears a big dress.
  7. H

The worst of the rubbing still happens when I'm in reverse with the steering turned at full right.
  8. H

Where you'll need to be careful is with the weights. On the front left tire on mine the inside weight was a flat stick-on and the caliper peeled it right off right after I put the wheel on. Thankfully there is no noticeable imbalance as a result. To Fredness, my front end was aligned less...
  9. H

15x8 on BFGoodrich 31x10.5 at stock height. Note: This truck hit something on its front left side under previous ownership. The front left wheel was grabbing the inner edge of the front bumper hard and it was a lot worse with the wheel turned to the right while in reverse. I've trimmed...
  10. H

Which fuel pump?

That was too much to read, so my question is have you hooked up a fuel pressure tester to see what amount of fuel pressure you're getting at KOEO and/or KOER?
  11. H

Which fuel pump?

I replaced my fuel pump last year and the Airtex replacement didn't have the same pin count. I installed it anyway and I haven't had a problem with it. Airtex E2348M for 2002 Sport Trac (built on/after March 4, 2002) and 2003. Mine was built 07/02
  12. H

2001 & Early 2002 Sport Trac Fuel Hardline Compared To Late 2002 / 2003

Some people believe that the 2001 through 2005 Sport Tracs are all completely "the same." This is just one of those parts that are not the same throughout those years. The smaller hardline is from a 2001 and should be the same for 2002 until 03/03/2002. It is 5/16 in diameter. The longer...
  13. H

01 ST - Additive to Stop Front & Rear Differential Leak?

The rear axle is an 8.8. Find a Mustang-specific speed shop (late model Mustangs also use the 8.8). Either buy your own pinion seal or the shop may already have on on hand from having done a lot of rear gear swaps. Speed shops usually charge a flat rate for a job instead of hourly labor...
  14. H

Replace 2-Piece Upper Control Arm w/ 1-Piece

Did the change to the 1pc, finally. Installed the NAPA camber kits on both sides, too. These kits needed some chasing as the self locking nuts were very hard to turn on the camber bolts. This Zerk fitting which was included with this new arm would not thread correctly. Once...
  15. H

2002 Explorer XLT Cranks but won't start

What is the build date on your Sport Trac? 2002 specifically saw a change March 4, 2002. Before that date they had 5/16 fuel lines, fuel pump bolted to the tank, and metal fuel tank. Part numbers for fuel pumps differ from before to after that build date, so you have to know when yours was...
  16. H

Refresh My Memory - 2002 Front Swaybar End Links

Finally got around to installing the end links while I had the Trac on a lift for an oil change. To get both ends on I had to leave the first side loose to get the other side on which let met lift the swaybar up as needed. Once the other side was done I tightened them. Since these bushings...
  17. H

How Big Is the Gap Between Your Bed and Cab ?

The gap on the right side is indeed much larger than the left. There are indeed 4 bolts securing the bed to the frame. I need to remove the cover and everything in the bed and move the bed around until I get it centered correctly. In the ST group I help admin on Facebook I created the album...
  18. H

How Big Is the Gap Between Your Bed and Cab ?

When I first bought my 2002 back in Feb. 2015 I noticed damage to the left rear corner on my bed and noticed the gaps between bed and cab on both sides were uneven. Occassionally, when I make a hard right turn my left rear tire chews on the plastic inner liner and stops when the truck...
  19. H

Which aftermarket CD receiver did you install?

The dash install kit, believe it or not, is from Walmart. Scosche part number FD3090 It took some time trimming and figuring it out, but after bending the required tabs on the sleeve that comes with the stereo it is in there nice and tight. Looks factory (almost).
  20. H

Which aftermarket CD receiver did you install?

Kenwood kdc-bt645u There's one good way to fix a factory head unit once and for all. I'm not fanatical about car audio stuff. It's annoying enough to have hear someone else booming their ghetto system next to me in their raised up 80s sedan on 100 inch Donks. My old head unit wasn't...
  21. H

Wits End. Wub Wub Part II

4WD or RWD? When the front bearings were done was the condition of the spindles checked? Did you ever jack the rear up off of the ground and put the transmission in drive while watching the rear wheels for wobble?
  22. H

Refresh My Memory - 2002 Front Swaybar End Links

I still had the old control arm I had just replaced days before this sitting in the bed of my truck. I brought it into class during a break and decided to trace the holes for the nipples on the bushings. I assume ES has their own part number system to know which bushings go into...
Back