Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

98 whining from front as speed increases

Well... Here's the deal guys... I'm still taking it to the Ford Dealership because a friend of mine just took his 86? Caddy in for a tune-up and oil change and guess how much he payed at the local mechanic???? $450!!!! #### that. I figure, if I'm going to pay $500 for a tune-up, might as well...
  2. D

Alright, will do. Thanks.
  3. D

Thanks man... I'll see about getting the appointment cancelled tomorrow. What would you suspect I should tell the mechanic to look for? Just tell him that I think there's mud behind the brake pad? and describe the sound it makes?
  4. D

Like my dad said, if I take it to a dealership, they can put it on the computer and see what's wrong with it. A local mechanic might not have the technology to figure out what's wrong with it. I estimate a bill of about $500-600. Oh well.
  5. D

urbanistic, if i was to take it to a Ford garage, how much would I cost me to do all of those things? I have an appointment for the 23rd.. because I'm too lazy/don't have a clue what i'm doing.
  6. D

Any idea how I would go about getting the dust boot cover/hub seal off? Where they are? My dad might be able to help me but just incase he isn't around... please inform me.
  7. D

*UPDATE* It's a grinding/whining sound from the front somewhere that gets louder as speed increases. It's nothing to do with RPM, just overall speed. I took the front left tire off, which is where i thought the sound was coming from and there was nothing in the brake or even close to it. I...
  8. D

It was just a couple of mud holes but I hit a few rocks slightly hard.. Broke a few chunks out of my running boards. I think I might take them off anyways. For an offroad vehicle to have running boards isn't a good idea I don't think.
  9. D

It's a solid whining like a super swamper tire. I haven't taken the tire off yet but I'll make sure there's no rocks or mud in the brake. And the sound doesn't go away around turns. I almost think my 4x4 high is stuck in or something because it's a weird sound but it's like it's coming...
  10. D

I took my X offroading one freakin time and this is what happens the next morning... read on. I start it up, start driving down the road and all I can hear is a "voom... voom... voom...voom.voomvoomvoomvoom" (getting faster as I speed up) My brother thought I had mud in the rim but I cleaned the...
  11. D

Help...31x10.5 r15

I would be interested in knowing the answer to this one aswell.
  12. D

what gear ratio do you have

I dunno what comes in my stock 98 limited? Anyone know (can't see the numbers under the truck on the axle) There's gotta be someone out there that knows? 3.73 maybe?
  13. D

Lowering 1st gen 4wd...

Lowering a 4x4 for winter use is asking for trouble.
  14. D

Lowering 1st gen 4wd...

I just don't understand why you'd want to lower a 4x4. 4x4=offroad. You lower cars/vehicles that you don't take offroad camping/wheeling.
  15. D

LikuiD

Great guy to deal with and fair prices. Tail light guards were shipped the next day afer payment and must I say, DAMN! that was a lot of styrofoam peanuts! The items never even got a scatch on them even with all the dents/holes in the box from USPS. I would buy from him again.
  16. D

X-over point for Pioneer 3way 6x8

I'd just keep it around 100... if you have subs, why do you need any bass coming out of these?
  17. D

Man what a difference speakers make!

I'm thinking about getting some 4 way 6x8's for the back and components for the front. Btw, if you take your faceplate out every night you'll have no problem. No one wants a HU without a face plate. And window tint does help a little. Subs are in the back so... tint = can't hardly see them.
  18. D

Man what a difference speakers make!

I'm thinking about getting the Pioneer 6x8's for my doors.. Will they fit all the way around or should I reconsider? Btw, I don't think it's really neccessary to have an amp run door speakers. If you have a nice Headunit, you'll have plenty of wattage running to your doors. (50x4 in most cases)
  19. D

X-over point for Pioneer 3way 6x8

My active crossover in my HU is on 125hz right now for my door speakers. I could play them at 80 without any trouble also if I'm trying to get a little more bass out of them (not very often).
  20. D

Wiring Diagram for Hella 500's

I wish someone remembered that guy's name that drew all the diagrams for everyone. But anyways, I got it hooked up yesterday without anything. I just grounded every wire to a seperate part on the truck.
  21. D

'86 Jaguar XJS V12

I agree.
  22. D

Anyone?
  23. D

If anyone can help me out. I'm kinda stuck. I have everything (it seems) hooked up, but I can't get them to work. Does the GREEN wire HAVE to be hooked up? I only want the lights on a switch, not hooked up to my hi/low beems. Other than the green wire, I have everything hooked up and nothing...
  24. D

Removing Explorer thing

Why would you want to take off the emblems that give your truck a name?
  25. D

steering wheel shake when braking?

My old car used to have this problem aswell. My rotors were all rusted on the insides and I just bought new rotors and everything was all good. Can't remember what I paid though.
Back