Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

looking for 4 inch lift leaf springs

I have been searching cant seem to find anything at all. I am looking to ditching my soa. Really want to lower it a bit. I have checked skyjacker and superlift nothing there. Unless i am just a little challenged the last couple days. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I dont want add a leaf...
  2. K

new wheels possibly

been looking for pictures of wheels with a 3.5 back spacing. Found a sweet deal on method 101. The problem is seems they only come in a 15x8 with 3.5 backspacing -24 offset. i dont want my wheels to stick out to far out of the wheel well. Opinions pictures or links would be greatly appreciated.
  3. K

2000 explorer what upgrades first

Been looking and I am getting close to buying. Found a few low mileage ones 80k to 110k miles. I plan doing the regular maintenance stuff first tune ups, filters bushings ball joints if needed and fluid changes. So it is reliable and running right. Then i want it to breath better. Have not...
  4. K

bought f250 to tow explorer have trans problem after rebuild

I had to rebuild the e40d in the tow rig. every thing went smoothly until we hit the OD button. seemed like a harsh down shift. Pull up to a red light seems that it is starting in a higher gear than needed. Takes about 3/4 throttle to get moving trans temp gauge raises pretty quick. took 15...
  5. K

Extended brakelines front

Well my front brake lines ruptured after a trail run. Question is I think I am going to have a set made. My explorer being a 92 has a funky fitting. Do you think this t fitting I found would work. If so I will see what a local speed shop will charge me to make 2 new lines. Attached is a picture.
  6. K

removing body lift what is the stock bolt length

I am getting ready to remove my body lift. i have been searching and cant seem to find the stock body mount bolt length. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  7. K

1993 a4ld transmission rebuild

Well just got another explorer for the kids. Got it for 100 bucks. The good has a little lift 4 inches i think. Almost new 33 inch tires. Now is the bad sunroof leaks. Regular rusted out rockers. Needs the brakes bled. Needs transmission rebuilt does not move at all. picked up a transmission...
  8. K

rocking side to side after lift

Finally got around to having my suspension lift done and alignment. Also replaced all ball joints,bushings and pivot bushings. Now if i hit 45 it starts rocking like a boat side to side. My lift consists of 4 inch BDS coils cut and turned beams and soa in the rear. and a 2 inch body lift that...
  9. K

looking for a locker for front axle

been looking at lockers what are the options for the front end. i was thinking about the Eaton e locker. already have one for the rear end. will this one fit the front axle. any help would be appreciated. Eaton 19821-010 Elocker 27 Spline Differential for Dana 35
  10. K

91 build

We bought it as a project and it sure has been one. We were told the engine was shot and torn apart that the transmission was newly rebuilt. I had a parts vehicle. so we got it. it was meant to be a fast 2 maybe 3 months to get it running. Swapped motor found out the transmission was shot. Did a...
  11. K

Superlift extended radius arms

I got a set of radius arms i have looked high and low for the install directions. Any help would be appreciated on either directions or a few pictures of how the brackets are mounted to the frame. Thanks again.
  12. K

rough idle at start up

I am having a bad rough idle for the first 2 or 3 minutes of start up on my 91. things that i have done. Swapped engine ran fine in donor. swapped from auto to manual transmission. Replaced fuel pump,fuel filter,oxygen sensor,coil pack,spark plug wires,spark plugs,air filter. Has a new MAF...
  13. K

early bronco springs on a cut and turned ttb

I have been looking into my suspension for a little over a year. I have tried searching high and low for what amount of lift to expect out of the EB springs. i would like to get 4 inches of lift but would settle for 5 inches. so does anyone have real world experience with what spring i would...
  14. K

what length rock slider

I have seen some that appear to look a inch or two shorter than the wheel wells and some that look to be built flush with the wheel wells. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.
  15. K

atlas 2 questions

What gear ratio should i go with 4.3:1 or 5.0:1. Will a body lift make installation easier. I have been trying to find a 1 inch body lift but cant find it in a 3 inch diameter block. If i go with a 2 inch does the steering shaft need to be lengthened? I have a flaming river on the way. Tired of...
  16. K

when did the ranger go to SOHC

What year did the ranger go SOHC? been trying to figure out since my son was given a 99 ford ranger with the 4.0 for his birthday. they say it need the timing done. I have never had to do the timing on the OHV. My explorers and navajo have never needed it done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  17. K

looking to lift

This is probably a vague question. I still have not decided how tall to go. What size tires to go with. I really don't want to have custom drive lines built like my previous lifted trucks or modify my exhaust. I have a budget of $2000 would like to have money left for other things. I already...
  18. K

new here

I like doing auto mechanics. bought this vehicle as a project. Had Blown head gaskets and a bad clutch fan, and a broken cooling fan and no exhaust. I have since fixed those problems. Did a complete tune up new plugs, wires, coil and oxygen sensors. Did the auto to manual locking hubs going to...
Back