Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Swapped non-power to power seats, just want them to move.

Thanks for the reply. Could I just splice a wire into the power wire that powers the passenger seat over to the driver's seat? (The passenger side works). Also, there's so much crap under the driver's seat what with the memory and heat, I'm not even sure which harness connects to the...
  2. C

Swapped non-power to power seats, just want them to move.

I know this topic has been beat to death, but it's actually overwhelming trying to search for an answer because there is so many threads regarding so many different combinations... 2002 Explorer. So I went from non-power, non-heated cloth to heated, power leather. The passenger I hooked up...
  3. C

Ahhh this no-start is driving me NUTS. Any help would be much appreciated.

So you can start back at my last thread if you'd like: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427247 So it continued to start as I was troubleshooting the hissing sound and the power steering, probably 15 times in a row without issue, and then I had to swap the battery as I had...
  4. C

What is this?

Nevermind. Rear tensioner. Need to make sure it's seated properly.
  5. C

What is this?

What is this? Lower rear of the passenger side of a 4.0. Whatever it is, mine's leaking oil, a little when it's sitting and a lot when it's running. It's been doing it ever since I had the head gasket and timing assemblies replaced. Does it leaking signify that something is wrong, or is it...
  6. C

What controls the injectors?

So I went to go check the anti-theft light, and lo and behold, for reasons I cannot explain, it started, and has continued to start ever since. Hopefully the trend continues. Had to fix a few things, but now it purrs like a kitten! However, unfortunately now I've got an oil coming from the...
  7. C

Great info, thanks! I spoke to a mobile locksmith today, and I need to see if there is an anti theft light at all; I can't remember and the car isn't with me. If there isn't a light, does that necessarily rule out a PATS problem? I just don't know what else could be causing it not to start.
  8. C

Also, you asked whether or not I KNOW I have a PATS problem... no, I suppose I don't, but it makes perfect sense. I have fuel, air, spark and compression. The car recently had the motor removed and all the timing assemblies replaced and timed. It will turn over happily, but will not even...
  9. C

Hmmm, okay. Unfortunately my tuner has been at SCT for like 6 weeks after suffering a broken LED screen... I should have it back this week though. If I were to have it towed to a dealership, could I buy new new keys and have them program them? And how much would something like that cost? If...
  10. C

And no, I do not have an owner's manual. Imagine that you just have an Explorer that is in fine running condition, but don't have a PATS key... that's where I'm at. What would you do?
  11. C

Well I have an SCT tuner for my Focus ST; I just emailed my tuner to see if he can do a bypass. This is seriously blowing my mind that it's this big of a deal, and that there's not a cheap way around it if you don't have any PATS keys like myself. I can't drive my damn car! What is my cheapest...
  12. C

Oh god, I get irritated just looking at that diagram... I hate wiring. What I did was rip out the aftermarket alarm because the key fob that I got from the previous owner was missing the buttons, and nothing even had a company logo on it, so I just wanted to return it to the stock keyless...
  13. C

ACTUALLY YES! Before I had all this work done, it would run; very poorly, but would run. And now that I think about it, it hasn't run since I ripped out the stupid aftermarket alarm it had in it. Veeerrrryyyyy interesting. So how do you remedy that? I've only one key to the car, and I have no...
  14. C

Alright, so after battling with my '02 Explorer XLS for ~6 weeks, and having the head gasket and all timing assemblies replaced (and timed), I think I've got it narrowed down to what the problem is. Right now it will turn over all day long but won't even attempt to fire. I've got fuel...
  15. C

Were there two different versions of the 4.0 in 2002 Explorer?

So I bought a new engine to be dropped into my 2002 Explorer, a motor also from a 2002 Explorer, and when my mechanic went to pick it up, he said it was the wrong engine and that everything was in different places. I found this believable because when I Google "2002 Explorer engine" a lot of...
  16. C

So I pulled this from underneath my valve cover today...

One thing I will say; that chain is still very tight, there's no way I could "untooth" it by hand, even by prying.
  17. C

So, cost prohibitive to even do? Got it. God, these motors suck. I bought this car for $1,600 as my first "flip"; I was told by the previous owner it just need a driver's side tensioner, which after searching online, seemed reasonable. Figured I could change that out, clean it up (I work at...
  18. C

Was cleaning off the gasket surface as I was replacing a cracked passenger side valve cover, and all of a sudden I find myself holding this... That's a piece of one of the guides that you have to remove the engine to replace, right? Well, what if I just changed that tensioner, put...
  19. C

The wait is over! power seats in an XLS!!!!!!!!

Has anyone used the procedure in this write-up successfully? I tried on my '02 XLS; non-heated, non-power cloth to heated, power leather seats; didn't work.
  20. C

Ongoing saga with my project Explorer... (new questions daily)

Put a new EGR in and did the zip tie throttle "mod" today... seems to run better, but still erratic. The first time starting it up with the new EGR it idled beautifully, and ran great, until it reached normal operating temperature, then it would stall when you came to a stop. So I unplugged the...
  21. C

How to: Idle adjustment procedure

Hmm, okay, thanks. I cleaned something that looks very similar to all the pictures of IAC's that I've seen and in pretty much the same location, but someone told me that if you have a 6-pin MAF (which I do), then you have an integrated IAC and there's nothing to clean.
  22. C

How to: Idle adjustment procedure

So does my 2002 Explorer V6 SOHC have an IAC, or no?
  23. C

Ongoing saga with my project Explorer... (new questions daily)

I'm having all sorts of problems with my Explorer, but I picked it up cheap and intended for it to be a project, but it's gonna be a lot more work than I thought, haha. Oh well. This forum has been very helpful so far, so I figure I'll just start a thread to contain all my various questions as...
  24. C

is this supposed to connect to anything?

Still trying to diagnose why my 2002 4.0 Explorer is running like garbage. I'm talking about the nipple in the middle of the picture on top of that canister. Thanks!
  25. C

New thread, and it's a doozy, LOL... throwing 5 CEL codes

I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out/asking... is this clacking noise likely something a novice mechanic like myself could handle, or something more major that would require engine removal/timing/etc. I know it's impossible to answer that question with any certainty, but it basically...
Back