Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Having problems replacing serpentine belt

Good day folks, My serpentine belt broke while I was just down the road from my house, so luckily I was able to get it home with no damage to the vehicle or getting it towed. I have a brand new serpentine belt and a serpentine belt tool, and I have the belt following the correct path, But...
  2. 2

Driver door moved forward

Hey folks, A couple of months ago I had an issue with a Walmart tire and lube in which they pulled my truck backwards while the driver door was open and it hit a pole, and the door itself was moved forward. In other words, the door hinges became misaligned. I followed the instructions that I...
  3. 2

gear shift repaired but only moves between R and 3rd Gear

Hey folks, So this past Thursday my 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4's gear shift broke off. Thanks to the forums here I found a replacement part (Dorman 905-104) and I was able to put in the new part after following the instructions on page 8 of the Thread "Gear Shift Broke Off In Hands". Part of...
  4. 2

Electrical Issue

Hi Folks, My 2002 explorer 4x4 xlt worked fine to get me to the gym Saturday night but as I tried to leave, the Theft light came on and the engine would not crank. Eventually I got it to crank, after disconnecting the battery on three different tries and finally lowering the steeling wheel...
  5. 2

Additional Key question and anti-theft question

Hi folks, Two days ago my 2002 ford explorer xlt got me to the gym just fine but as I was leaving it would not crank and the theft light rapidly flashed. I got it to start by removing the negative cable from the battery for 15 minutes and then after putting the negative cable back on but...
  6. 2

2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0L 6cyl->Where are the fuel injectors?

Hiya folks, This explorer and I are going all the way to the beyond it seems to find why it won't start. It will crank but but start. Anyhow, the next step that I am trying is to test the fuel injectors...the only catch is that I can't see them anywhere. I checked the haynes manual and to be...
  7. 2

2002 Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0L 6Cyl-will start but almost immediately cuts off

Hi Folks, First off, Thanks to everyone of you that have helped me get the truck to this stage. It has been almost two months of not being able to drive anywhere but the help from fellow forumers has been outstanding. Background: the truck was running fine, no forewarning issues at all, until...
  8. 2

2002 Ford Explorer 4x4 XLT 4.0L 6cyl SOHC->Engine not getting gas

It has a new fuel pump, fuel filter, alternator and starter. The fuel pressure gauge says 0 (zero) pressure from the schraeder valve and fuel rail. The return tube on the fuel filter is installed toward the engine, so the fuel filter is not installed backwards. What could cause me to have no...
  9. 2

Help removing Ford-tool side fuel line from Gas Filter

Hi folks, Thanks to the members here, I was able to replace the starter on my 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 6cylinder. Now it will crank but acts as if it is not getting fuel, it cuts off right after it cranks up. I have both clipped fuel lines off on the passenger side of the fuel pump but...
  10. 2

2002 Ford Explorer 4x4 XLT_How can I remove the starter

Hello folks, My XLT has a no crank, no start problem. I tested the gas pump, which was replaced back in January 2016, and it seems fine. The relays are fine too. The alternator had gone bad (electrical shorting even showed black charring on it's outside) according to Pep Boys, so I replaced the...
  11. 2

2002 Explorer XLT Rear Window will not lock

Hey folks. I am new here but have frequently visited the site to help solve problems with my 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 6.0 cylinder 4.0 liter (thank you by the way). Right now I am running into an issue that I don't see resolved on the site for my truck and I really need some help. The...
Back