Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

excessive air flow code

I see the EGR valve position sensor on advance auto parts website. I don't think that I have a DPFE sensor. I have the 5.0 Eddie Bauer. Is that the sensor that you are talking about? Thanks again.
  2. D

excessive air flow code

Hey guys, I had this code pulled at advance auto parts, and it was "excessive air flow/egr". I bought an aftermarket EGR valve and had a local mechanic put it on. I still cannot get the check engine light to come off, and the code is still there. Should I buy a dealer item on this one...
  3. D

ball joint question

My mechanic buddy is replacing the rack and pinion for me, and tells me that I need new ball joints. Do I have to replace the upper and lower ones?
  4. D

Eddie Bauer is blowing hot air!!

ok, I will take it back to them. They were a bit scammy , so I am not looking to pay alot.
  5. D

Eddie Bauer is blowing hot air!!

Ok, so I went and had my orafice tube replaced and the evac and recharge done. They filled it with freon, and told me that the compressor was working fine. It blew cold for 10 days, and now.....only hot air. I cannot even hear the compresor cycling anymore. It does not appear to be spinning...
  6. D

can't suction out gas

no way to get it out first? that will suck if I can't.
  7. D

fuel pump removal

I bought a syphon(bulb kind) of pump and cannot get the gas out. My pump is bad as well. I have 15 gallons that of need to get out of there. Any ideas?
  8. D

can't suction out gas

Well, how amd I going to drop the tank and replace the pump w/o getting the gas out? 15 gallons has to weigh 50 lbs.
  9. D

can't suction out gas

Hey guys. I have found that my fuel pump is bad. I am going to attempt to change it, and have about 15 gallons in the tank now.I bought a syphon(the bulb kind) at Walmart, and can't seem to get the hose in far enough to reach the tank itself. Is there a trick that I am missing?
  10. D

Help....eddie bauer is dead

Is that where I would test it?
  11. D

How can I check the voltage at the pump?
  12. D

I checked the inertia switch. It is fine. Does anyone know(worst case scenario) how many labor hours a mechanic would charge for this? Thanks.
  13. D

Guys, My 96 will not start. I have done a series of checks, and still nothing. Here is what I have done: Replaced the fuel filter Relay is good Will run for 2 seconds after spraying starter fluid down throttle body Fuel pump fuse is good I think that I hear the pump prime, but am...
  14. D

fuel pump primes, but won't turn over

I tried that. Does anyone have pictures of where to spray starter fluid? I see the throttle body, but am not comfortable doing it. Do I spray it while someone is cranking it?
  15. D

spraying starter fluid in throttle body

Guys, Does anyone have pictures of doing this the right way? I have never done this, and feel silly that I need pictures of it, but can someone help? Thanks.
  16. D

bolt wont come off, engine will not turn over

uh ho, I did not take the belt off first. I wonder if that is why I am having such a hard time. This pulley sits atop the belt.............still take it off?
  17. D

it wont budge. I have been at it for a couple of hours. There is only one bolt, right?
  18. D

Guys, I am replacing an idler pulley, and it is so far gone that the belt will not turn anything unless I replace it. I have tried and tried to loosen it, to no avail. Am I tightening it? Which way does it turn? I have used a breaker bar, and am pulling it like crazy. It is the center...
  19. D

and if there is a spark coming from the wire, than does that mean that I need to replace the plugs? I am due for a change, but I would think that the car should at least turn over........if not idle rough.
  20. D

I did actually fill up, but at quicktrip and have never had a problem with their gas. It starts, but just sounds like it is out of gas. I have pushed the gas pedal, and tried to play with it, but still no good. Does that mean buying the IAC will be useless? I do have an idler pulley that...
  21. D

Guys, My 96EB won't start. I turn the key, and hear the fuel pump prime, so not a relay or pump problem. It is a new battery, and I replaced the cable connections to the post. It acts like it is out of gas(and the tank is almost full). I have had a check engine light on for a couple...
  22. D

Headlamp question

Thanks alot man, I will try that.
  23. D

Lamp out mudule

Hey guys, does anyone know how much this part costs? Is it easy to replace on my own? Thanks.
  24. D

3RD Brakelight removal?

The dealer told me that it is a common problem, and it costs 15.00 to replace. They said that they have to take the "pins" out and pull down the headliner..........all in all about 5 minutes for them.. Is this true?
  25. D

Headlamp question

I have a 96 EB that is doing the same thing on the passenger side. High beams work, but no low beams. There is a thick cable with the ground, low and high wire that the bulb fits into. Is it possible to replace the cable? Anyone?
Back