Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

5.0 Explorer trans problem after swap.

Hello, so my problem is, when I start the car in park it starts fine no problem. But when I put it in gear (any gear) the motor just dies. If I put it in gear and let go of the brake quickly it takes off no problem and drives. I am getting codes on all 3 solenoids(Dont remember the code names)...
  2. T

Backfire through intake? 5.0

Hey guys, just wondering if you had some ideas for me, soo, the motor itself I tore down, changed head gaskets and all the gaskets above that, timing chain also, and put stiffer valve springs and a b303 cam. Now I have the motor assembled, but when I start it, it manages to ignite the fuel in...
  3. T

Setting the ignition after cam change?

Is it neccesary to "align" the ignition sensor that is located on the lower intake manifold or does it calibrate itself? Was installing a b303 cam in it, and new timing chain, the crank was turned so it is not in the same place as before the cam was taken out. 5.0 engine :) Thanks!
  4. T

Spark plug wires?

Been searching for some time for suitible wires for my build, but it seems that there is not much to choose from. What I am searching for are wires better than stock, can resist more heat than stock is a must, and have a 45-90* bend is also a must since GTP heads. All the wires other than stock...
  5. T

T5 and 302 explorer motor ?

So guys I am wondering, currently doing a 302 explorer swap in my bmw and need some info. Since I don't want to have it automatic, does the T5 mate to the explorer engine ? Does the output shaft etc fit ? Was wondering what bellhousing I should run on this since I have no clue if the T5 will...
Back