Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Fuel Pump Access Panel?

Thanks, just what I needed
  2. C

Fuel Pump Access Panel?

Does the 2011 have an access panel for changing the fuel pump? I searched the forum and YouTube, but only found threads for fuel pump replacement on prior generations. I would greatly appreciate the link if anyone has found a walk-through for this procedure.
  3. C

Catalytic Converter Replacement Info Needed

I guess other owners have not experienced this part failing which is a good thing. I would really like to have the torque specs before tackling this. Has anyone purchased one of the CD or PDF service manuals on eBay? Or even a Haynes manual? I want to make sure it has the info I need before...
  4. C

Catalytic Converter Replacement Info Needed

2011, 3.5, 2wd. My catalytic converter on the radiator side of the engine is bad and plan to replace it soon. I know the exhaust manifold is part of the assembly and have a few questions before I dive into this in hopes of eliminating any surprises. 1. Does anyone have a shop manual with the...
  5. C

Mystery Noise??

It’s not a motorcraft, but it was a quality brand. I can’t remember the name off-hand. The noise is the exact same with the original compressor with a failing clutch and the new new compressor that was just installed so I don’t think it’s related to that. I have to replace a catalytic converter...
  6. C

Mystery Noise??

I always assumed mine was the compressor also, but the new compressor and clutch did not change the noise.
  7. C

Mystery Noise??

It might be covered depending on what it is. Please share what they say. Do you have an appointment already?
  8. C

Mystery Noise??

Are you still under warranty? I haven’t had time to do anymore testing.
  9. C

Mystery Noise??

I’ll see what I can do
  10. C

Mystery Noise??

The radio on or off does not effect the noise. This noise isn’t normal. I rode in a friends near identical explorer and theirs doesn’t make it. My explorer didn’t make it when I bought it.
  11. C

Mystery Noise??

I hope someone has had the same issue and will share what fixed it. 2011, 2wd, 3.5 with about 108k. It has been making a whine noise while the AC compressor is on. You can hear the pitch of the whine change as the RPM's increase. I can hear it inside the vehicle, but not outside. The sound goes...
  12. C

Need help with OBD code P0430

I had a smoke test ran on it and no leaks were found. That is ultimately why I decided to replace the catalytic converter.
  13. C

I looked and listened for an exhaust leak and couldn’t find anything. Does anyone have the service manual with the catalytic converter bolt torque specs? It looks to have six total bolts.
  14. C

Was this crack between the upstream and downstream sensors or after the downstream?
  15. C

Forgive my slow response. For some reason I did not receive the normal email notification for the replies. I had to send it to the shop today for AC work. I will look for a crack in the exhaust pipe when I get it back and post an update. I appreciate everyone’s help with this issue.
  16. C

2011 Explorer, 108k. The check engine light recently came on my Explorer, code P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2). After some online the research the easy signs pointed to the downstream O2 sensor on bank two. I replaced both downstream sensors and reset the codes. It...
  17. C

Rearview Camera Problems

Thanks. I’ll give them a shot.
  18. C

Rearview Camera Problems

I am about to order camera BB5Z-19G490-A to hopefully repair my 2011. There are a few online Ford part dealers with pricing in the $290 range. Has anyone ordered from one of the online options and received excellent service? My local dealer wants $506.27 for the part. The savings from ordering...
  19. C

Explorer 'A' pillar replacement

I am glad I found this thread. My 2011 makes a buzzing sound at highway speeds. I have narrowed it down to the weather stripping by taping down a portion of the weather stripping with blue painters tape and then testing. Just to be clear the weather strip I am referring to is shown in post #1...
  20. C

Unpredictable AC

I originally posted this in the 5th Gen section, but I just found this A/C section. I hope an HVAC expert might find it here. 2011 Explorer. I’m having a problem with my AC and it’s hot outside! It blows cold air at idle but about half the time it starts blowing warm/hot air once highway speed...
  21. C

AC cold at idle but warm at highway speeds

2011 Explorer. I’m having a problem with my AC and it’s hot outside! It blows cold air at idle but about half the time it starts blowing warm/hot air at highway speeds. I had a reputable shop evacuate and recharge the system this week. The issue was present before the trip to the shop, but now...
  22. C

Rearview Camera Problems

That price is for the camera only through the Parts department
  23. C

Rearview Camera Problems

Just an update on my camera issue.... I called the dealer and confirmed the updated part number is BB5Z-19G490-A. The local ford dealer wanted $506.27, but have found them much cheaper online for the Ford part. I am still researching the cheap replacements on ebay and hoping to find a good review.
  24. C

Rearview Camera Problems

Thanks for the response peterk9. The link did not have the part number shown in my first post. I am curious if the eBay cameras work just as well.
  25. C

Rearview Camera Problems

My 2011 Explorer Limited backup camera has been on the fritz for about a year and it finally is not working at all. I removed the camera to get the correct part number which is bb5t-19g490-ac. I have not been able to fine that part number, but I have found some replacements on ebay with the...
Back