Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Anyone familair with Fel Pro MS98006T intake gasket

About 3 weeks ago I changed the intake gasket on my 2000 4.0L "X" engine. If you are famialir with the FP MS98006T gasket set there is no middle section that would seal between the block and the intake. I don't know if I missed it in the instructions or maybe it wasn't there but I didn't put...
  2. T

Water leak at back of the engine - FIXED

It was the intake gasket. Fixed now.
  3. T

I know it's leaking at the back of the engine.
  4. T

If I have to replace the intake gasket, which should I buy? Orginal Ford, Fel Pro, something from Auto Zone? Thanks Also, any suggestions of do's and don't in changing the intake gasket?
  5. T

2000 Explorer, 4.0L push rod engine. 165,000 miles Water is leaking from the back side of the engine. Passengers side. It leaks without the engine running. If I put water into the raditor after it stops leaking it will start again until it drains down. What is the most likely cause? Head...
  6. T

dip stick tube removal

anyone?
  7. T

dip stick tube removal

I've got the engine on an engine stand. Could I just roll it over and put a block of wood on the end that would have been in the oil pan and tap it out?
  8. T

dip stick tube removal

How do you remove the dip stick tube from a Ford 302 block? This is the tube by the 3rd core plug on the drivers side of the block. Is this pressed in? Screwed in? Thanks
  9. T

core plug size on a 302

Hi. Does anyone know if 1988 Ford 302's have a core plug (soft plug, freeze plug) at the back of the engine block by the transmission? This would lead into the water jacket. If so what size is it? Anyone have a picture of the back of a 302 block. Thanks.
  10. T

getting poor gas milage

Well I finally got around to working on my poor fuel economy. Not that I procrastonate or anything. .... I just turned 100 k on my Explorer so I thought I'd do a little PM. Decided to change the fuel filter. I could not believe the the fuel that came out of it. From the inlet side it came out as...
  11. T

getting poor gas milage

Thanks again for the replies. Is there any way to check O2 sensors? Maybe with an Ohm meter? What should aceptable reading be? Again, thanks for all the help & suggestions.
  12. T

getting poor gas milage

Thanks for the replys. Vehicle has 90,000 miles. I cleaned the MAP & IAC already, no help. Any other ideas?
  13. T

getting poor gas milage

getting poor gas milage *****UPDATE***** My 2000 Explorer w/ a V-6 used to get about 350 per tank full. All of a sudden I'm getting around 290 miles per tank full. Engine seems to run smooth and strong. Any ideas why the mpg's would drop so far so fast? I'm getting CEL codes of 171 & 174...
  14. T

Diesel in an Explorer

Any new ideas or information about this topic?
  15. T

OBDII code P1507 - Idle problem

Got it fixed :chug: Got it fixed by cleaning IAC & MAF with Berryman's carb cleaner. Runs G R E A T now. Don't forget to disconnect the battery terminal for about 5 minutes to clear codes.
  16. T

Diesel in an Explorer

Anyone else with some input. It will be greatly appreciated.
  17. T

OBDII code P1507 - Idle problem

Vehicle: 2000 Explorer XLT, V-6 4.0L EFI 54,000 miles Problem: Sometimes hard starting in the morning, have to pump the gas occasionally, must keep your foot on the gas at stops for the first few miles. Some days it will start right up and run fine though. Up until today, the problem...
  18. T

Diesel in an Explorer

Hey NOTAJP Did you ever locate the name, address or website for the company that imports diesel engines that might fit an Explorer. If so, could you let me know. Thanks
  19. T

Diesel in an Explorer

NOTAJP- If you find please forward on. This sounds interesting. Thanks.
  20. T

Diesel in an Explorer

Has anyone ever installed a diesel in an Explorer. I have a 2000 XLT with the 4.0L V-6. I'm thinking of one of the newer Powerstroke Diesels Ford is putting into pickups. Would one of these mate up to the exsisting trans? What about cooling and motor mounts? What deisel motor would work? New to...
Back