Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2020 Explorer

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/09/2020-ford-explorer-looks-powertrains-details-know/ So that's is the explorer final design ? What a disappointment !
  2. B

Remote Start Facts (2011 - 2015 only)

I need help to identify the connector type for the hood switch wire what type and name the connector are these three ?
  3. B

2014 Explorer Drive train whirr noise

got it fixed yet? i have the same issue and i think this thread is also the same issue : Harmonic/humming noise from EX sounds appearing when driving at RPM 1250 - 1500 it's more noticeable from the passenger side and i can feel a slight shake under passenger legs drive shaft- wheel baring...
  4. B

Yes, it's not there in 2015 base model
  5. B

can you provide me the installation instructions please? i'm expecting the wiring harness to arrive soon. Thanks in advance.
  6. B

Anyone knows where i can connect the hood switch wiring ?
  7. B

Flex seats fit in Explorer

Thank god, this is what exactly i’m look For ro replace my base model seats, i issume these seats are from sel model that has 10 way positions, do you think if i get a flex seats from SE model which i issume they have 6 way posions same as the base explorer?
  8. B

Uncomfortable front seats

I’m suffering with my base model seats and i’m seriously Thinking about retrofit another model seats into the explorer, do you guys think ford flex will fix without any modifications on the connector ?
  9. B

Confirmed: Some Exhaust in Cabin when Acceleration issue is From the Front

No , had an accident with my Explorer that cost me about 6000$ also time for fixing it Sorry it’s been a while but it’s not with my hand Anyway I went to a exhaust work shop to check the manifolds and the guy there said there is no leaks , but that checking without dropping them. But I’m...
  10. B

Retrofit 2015 limited seats into a base model

Please if you can share the diagram i will be grateful. i'm also planning to run an external switch for the cooling fans in the seat.
  11. B

I just checked the connectors, in the driver side the power wire in pin#21 and the ground in pin 16 while the passenger side the ground in pin 21 and 16 is empty. so should i just unplug pin 21 and put it in 16 and run a wire to 21 ?
  12. B

Thank You. What do you recommend for gauge wire and fuse amp ?
  13. B

Thanks for your reply, i think i saw the connector under the passenger seat, isn't pre weird ? i'm not looking for heated seats.
  14. B

Hello there. Is it possible to drop 2015 front limited seats into base model ? They are much comfortable, my concern is the airbags and the connections
  15. B

cover your fresh air intake with duct tape just for test, then give it a try. can you do it ?
  16. B

not much actually . 2 ppm and i didn't test the CO in the engine bay. but it think it's not accurate detector, when i had the reading was 2 ppm the smell was terrible. i have seen videos an explorer detecting about 14 ppm in the cabin.
  17. B

Yes by using this brand and it's showing 0 while acceleration, and the smell is the exhaust inside cabin while acceleration.
  18. B

Thank you for your kind reply Peter. Since i sealed the front hood rubber and i'm not facing smell exhaust in cabin issue anymore, i didn't focus on finding where the exact leak, i thought that's enough, but if members here insist to find it, then i will give it a try and i have an idea how to...
  19. B

I will lift the vehicle when i have a free time and i will update the thread.
  20. B

You sealed the engine hood rubber and now it’s a lot better? Or what did you sealed exactly?
  21. B

is there a exhaust smell inside cabin while acceleration ? try my tips in the thread and check again.
  22. B

I already confirmed that sealing the hood rubber and covering the fresh air intake stops the issue and the smell has disappeared on THREE different Explorers and as I said before wich confimes there is exsaust leak in the engine cabin i will find the exhaust leak in the engine cabin by using...
  23. B

it seems i'm not the only one who think about this theory. and ford still looking for a solution in the back of the vehicle and program the HVAC to open at hard acceleration which actually they are making it worst !
  24. B

Thank you for your appreciation, I don't think using inspection camera would help, cracks need to be seen with bare eyes, i think using seafoam to smoke the exhaust will get a result, plus cleans the engine.
  25. B

Why don't you give it a try and cover you fresh air intake with duct tape and accelerate ? btw you point : But notice it more OUTSIDE vehicle! I remote start it and then when walking out to it I notice smell as approach from front walking to driver door this what makes me believe the exhaust...
Back