Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Cold Air Intake (CAI)

Yes. It would as there are no changes between 2020 MY and 2022 MY Explorers.
  2. J

Solved 2020 FORSCAN Discussion

The only change you can make is whether you inhibit the white DRL with the turn signal or dim it. There's no determined way to keep the white strip DRL bright at night with headlights on.
  3. J

Mishimoto wants your Input about Intakes!

You're neglecting the fact anyone who may buy an intake would also then get a tune. Tuning for increased air flow will produce better results than tuning to stock flow.
  4. J

Cold Air Intake (CAI)

You're not completely wrong here. However, the sound this produces will turn some heads. Couple that with the air diverter valve mod and the whoosh-pssst sound is smile inducing. I bought it on a whim and can honestly say it's been worth it if for nothing more than making people think there's...
  5. J

Long beep after engine off 2020 ST

Maybe take a video and post that for others to get a sense of what you mean. If I leave my light control in a setting other than auto the vehicle will emit a5 second or so beep. A video will help distinguish the difference.
  6. J

Has anybody figured out a fix for the second row window wind noise??

Yeah, I have this issue as well. My rear window motors are stronger than my front window motors too. It's weird. But, I also have the fear of breaking a rear window if I close the door with the window cracked in even the slightest way due to the back and forth movement of the glass.
  7. J

LED Rear Stop Light Bulb Removal 22 Ex

You can replace the turn signal bulb with this led you reference and use Forscan to change your turn signal light to now be stop light and turn signal. Otherwise you won't be able to do what you want.
  8. J

Speed Turtle

I would say no due to how many modules for the 20+ MY vehicles are different than the 16-19 MY vehicles.
  9. J

Auto Hold System Fault

Yep, you need the ABS system update mentioned previously.
  10. J

I would think that to be a hardware matter, not a software matter. I could be wrong and other, more knowledgeable members may be able to provide more info.
  11. J

6th Gen Modified Explorer & Aviator Photo Thread

I was about to throw it away it was so bad. There are a couple forum threads about this issue on here and other Ford forums.
  12. J

Thanks. The CAI definitely takes up that empty area on the 2.3 models. I had an issue with the hoses on my catch can that allowed fumes to escape. Apparently JLT uses air brake hose with pinholes to allow moisture to escape. The gas smell would give you a headache at times driving the car...
  13. J

Right. That's the conundrum here. Nobody can figure out how to replace the white led strip with the orange one in functionality while still having the turn signal work correctly. Some have said it may be due to a difference in wiring from civilian Explorers and PIUs.
  14. J

I got ya' on the intake and catch can but I don't seem to have a side shot since I put the running boards on. I'll remedy that
  15. J

Painted everything that was fake chrome or gray on the car black. Even the roof rack side rails. Added running boards. JLT oil catch can. K&N cold air intake. Cut off the fake exhaust tips and replaced them with black tips.
  16. J

Add oem wireless charger

That won't do anything for us that have bigger phones like my Note 20 Ultra. However, this should work: https://www.i-5autohaus.com/product-page/explorer-wireless-fast-charging-pad-20-22-all
  17. J

Cold Air Intake (CAI)

I bought the K&N cold air intake. Install is simple once you get the factory fresh air inlet hose off which requires pulling that end of the charge tube away to access the tabs. I made it sound more complicated than it really is. Just use a long flathead screwdriver and you can pop the tabs...
  18. J

It's in the BCM module. Simply toggle the turn lights to DRL and TURN or TURN and POSITION.
  19. J

You can get the orange turn led strip to run as DRL with the white led strip or as position lights but nobody seems to know how to turn the white led strip off like the PIU vehicles have. Some have said it might be a difference in wiring.
  20. J

That's not an error message as much as its a warning. You can click yes to proceed but what you're referencing won't work. I've tried it based on that forum post to no avail.
  21. J

I completely agree. I'm one of those people.
  22. J

Doesn't work in MY 20 either.
  23. J

Auto Hold System Fault

That's funny because for me these are the two features, along with Remote Start, that I will always require on any car moving forward. I'm a bigger guy and the easy entry/exit makes it easy to get in and out and the auto hold is ideal when stopped at a long light. Now the auto stop/start is...
  24. J

Ford Performance ST #14

All those specs and no mention of what suspension they're running to get it that low. I'm assuming it's RWD only or they would have to heavily modify the driveshaft placemtent, etc. I'd love to know what the suspension setup is on that truck.
  25. J

How to: Adding Liftgate Lighting

After clicking the link to the lights themselves he provided, I see there are power buttons on the lights.
Back