Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

PowerStop sending me wrong brakes twice?

Hey guys I am replacing my rotors and brakes on my 2019 ford explorer xlt 4x4 and I have used powerstop to order the entire kit. The back pads worked but the front pads do not look like the OEM pads and wont go on. Per ford’s service dept I called and gave my vin number to they said I had...
  2. M

2019 Explorer Brake Question?

Hey guys I am needing new brakes and about to drive to Colorad end of next week. I have a 2019 Ford Explroer XLT 3.5L V6 AWD. I am likely going to order upgraded rotors and pads from PowerStop but its asking for the size of rotos I have?? Standard or Heavy Duty? I have used tascaparts.com and...
  3. M

Vehicle drives with no key at all?????

So my 2019 ford explorer brand new has two issues I just discovered. 1). i often park the car and go inside to a restaurant or a store of some sort and ill leave it running while I take the key fob with me thinking the vehicle is safe. The car honks twice and i hear the vehicle lock. Well i did...
  4. M

Issue with overhead lights

So my 2019 ford explorer brand new has an issue I just discovered. Not that i really care but i cannot get my overhead interior lights to turn on when I push the button while the vehicle is in drive, it has to be in park. I dont think I have ever seen this issue before. Also my lever for the...
  5. M

Flush mount pod lights to front bumper of 19 explorer

Hey guys It has been a while since I have posted but glad to be back. Not sure if I made a previous post about my 19 explorer I got after my 15 model got totaled by hail storm here in OK in 19. I had a push bumper with scene light on the front and this explorer is silver with XLT package and...
  6. M

Hood Pod Lights?

Has anyone done something like this but on a ford explorer? I have not found any mounts anywhere that would work with a 2019 explorer. http://www.wx4tcc.com/images/hoodlights.png
  7. M

Electronics partially unlocking after remote start

Bought a 2019 xlt explorer a few months ago and from time to time when using remote start whether its from the app or the key fob my touch screen, volume knob and channel buttons dont activate after I put my foot on the brake and push but start button. Most of the screen works but the Nav doesnt...
  8. M

Adding aux power to inside rear of vehicle?

So it looks like the shop im talking to has been lacking in communication with me for five weeks and I have almost lost all confidence in them. I will likely attempt this on my own but need some suggestions or guidance. I have a 2019 ford explorer xlt and need to bring power from the battery...
  9. M

In vehicle 4G/LTE/WiFi vs your phone?

So my last explorer I installed a cell amp for my phone. This 19 model I bought has the in vehicle wifi. Has anyone testes speeds with the vehicles 4G service vs your phone inside the car? Of course this post is only relevant to those that use ATT as your phone carrier and vehicle 4g service...
  10. M

Explorer wont start???? Shop needs assistance ASAP

Hey guys my 2015 ex is still at the shop that was totaled and I went to get some of my electronics I had wired out of the vehicle yesterday at the shop and when I was done the vehicle would not start. I turn the key and the electronics come on but wont start. The only things I did electrical...
  11. M

Rhino Line/Line-X or other?

So I did a quick search and didnt really find much info on lining a newer explorer. In my previous thread I mentioned my ex got damaged from hail. Most of the dents and damage besides the windshield are located on the hood, A pillars and the roof. I am thinking about getting some estimates to...
  12. M

My EX is in the hospital :(

So my EX, the four legged rubber version was struck by a hail storm yesterday with nearly $10K worth of damage. Insurance didn't total it and its going to be all repaired. Estimated time in the hospital is 23 days. Please join me in sending prayers and please keep her in your thoughts for a...
  13. M

The need for Rotor Screws?

So a friend and I were changing my rotors on my 15 ex tonight and we got stuck on the front right wheel with the rotor screw. The screw ended up getting stripped and we tried everything we had and knew at the time to get the screw off. Finally we used a dremel to remove the head of the screw or...
  14. M

Brake Pads

I have a civilian 2015 model explorer 4wd with 4w disk brakes and im needing new brakes. I would like performance type brakes and I thought I would see what the PIU uses brake wise? Is it just heavy duty brake pads they use or does anyone have any suggestions on brake pads for those of us that...
  15. M

HVAC stops after driving in rain storm?????

so I was out chasing this afternoon/evening and on my way home after it got dark I noticed my ac quit blowing air. The overhead/rear hvac works just fine but no air blows from the front vents, floor or defrost whether the AC is on or not. I noticed a little water on the rubber mat under the...
  16. M

Alt siren speaker locations

I rather not unbolt the push bumper and have to sever the wires to the lights to put a speaker in. Has anyone tried placing a speaker anywhere else without taking the front end off? Im trying to avoid mounting it to the push bumper as its kind of clustered with stuff already. Ideas? Thanks
  17. M

Pro-Gard SafeStop Install?

Has anyone wanted to or did install a SafeStop by either progard or any other company in their civilian ford explorer? After using them at work I have got to get one for my own explorer but wanted to see if anyone on here has any experience installing them? For reference if anyone doesnt know...
  18. M

2015 Explorer computer mods

I noticed the PI Utility models have Engine Idle Hours, digital speedometer ect. Can a ford dealer enable those features on a civilian explorer by any chance? I think this has been mentioned before on here but I cant find that thread anymore.
  19. M

Underbed Truck Box Install

I am wanting some type of secure container installed in the rear of my ford explorer. I am wanting something like you see in the first link, however these are very expensive for something so simple. I found these (the second link below) at tractor supply for much cheaper. I know these are meant...
  20. M

Setina Install 2015 Explorer

I know there is another thread on push bumpers for explorers however I would like to dedicate this one to the install of the setina brand on my own 2015 ford explorer. I would like to do this on my own. FleetSafety here in town wants $400+ just to add the bumper. I have watched videos and read...
  21. M

Off-road lights to front bumper

Thinking about adding scene light to the front of my explorer but not sure where to put it or what type of light to use all while not using a push bumper. I am thinking a light like the one listed below. I am thinking to mount it in front of the lower bumper area below the grille. Not sure about...
  22. M

Center console sensor/plug prohibiting vehicle from starting?

Has anyone heard of some sort of sensor or plug found somewhere in the center console that when unplugged prohibits the vehicle from starting? This issue came up on my 2015 explorer and I was told it was a safety feature. Can anyone think of what this may be?
  23. M

Dropping headliner for NMO antennas

I am looking to add 3 NMO style antennas towards the rear of my 15 explorer. Has anyone dropped their headliner or have any tips on doing this? I found out in my Escape that the headliner is very delicate and doesn't bend and the one in my new 15 explorer seems even more delicate. I need to find...
  24. M

Alabama

Hey guys new here from Alabama. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic and freelance storm chaser when I have the time. I unfortunatly totaled my Ford Escape recently and fortunatly I will able to purchase a new 2015 Explorer! I plan to modify this vehicle just like my Escape with emergency equipment. Not...
  25. M

2015 Explorer Storm Chasing Install/Mods

I am getting ready to purchase a 2015 black ford explorer 4x4 base. I found one at a local dealer that was just delivered however it has several things I plan to change/mod/add. The vehicle will be used as a daily driver along with storm chasing and EMS work. Of course this is the civilian...
Back