Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Exhaust Upgrade Question

Sorry, I don't remember how much the install was, maybe around $200-300 or so. They are welded on, and the stock tips were cut off the stock mufflers and welded to the Flowmaster mufflers, to keep the look consistent. As far as I know, the hangers are in the same spots on both mufflers, so...
  2. S

Headlight/Fog light upgrade for 2015 Explorer Sport

I installed OPT-7 LED bulbs in my low beams and fogs, and they look fantastic. I'm actually getting ready to trade in my Ex, so if you're interested, I'll sell you my LEDs. PM me.
  3. S

How to "Sportify"/black out my non sport explorer?

You can always plasti-dip the chrome pieces. That's what I did. If you don't like it, it peels right off.
  4. S

My blacked out Explorer

You can also tint the turn signals on the side mirrors. I got some pre-cut tint off ebay. Look for seller: "extremevinyls". Great deals from Patriot Vinyls in Explorer- | eBay Stores Some pics here: Introducing "Black Beauty"
  5. S

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

I think I'm going to keep the emblems as is for now because they match the wheel center caps. Besides, the all black replacements are pretty expensive. The grill wasn't too hard, just tape off most of it and remember to put something between the grill and the radiator to block overspray.
  6. S

Over the past couple weekends, I tried my hand at plasti-dip. Results turned out pretty good IMO. I went for the "blacked-out" look. The best part is I can easily remove it all if I get tired of it. Dipped: Roof rails, door handles, lower door trim, grill chrome, rear Explorer chrome bar...
  7. S

Hey all, been a member here for a couple years, but haven't visited in a long time because the wife had the Ex and I was driving the Fusion, so I was spending time on those forums. Now that we have switched vehicles back, I'm looking to make some upgrades. Planning to plasti-dip almost...
  8. S

New Recall for 2014-15 Explorers

Sorry if it's a repost, but I didn't see it anywhere on here. http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/04/27/ford-transmission-recall/83590726/ Ford Motor said Wednesday that it would recall about 81,000 sport-utility vehicles to fix a suspension defect and another 201,900 pickup...
  9. S

SYNC MFT - Browsing Music vs Files

I believe this is setup intentionally. When browsing "files", you are looking for songs regardless of how/where they are arranged, so the default sorting is alphabetical.
  10. S

My 2016 Explorer Sport - Project Wanderlust

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing the full pics soon!
  11. S

New 2016 Explorer Sport

Congrats and great pics! I'm very jealous of the garage floor too.
  12. S

Exhaust Upgrade Question

Got the work done a couple weeks ago, and finally getting around to posting the results here. Upgraded my mufflers to FlowMaster 40 Series. No change to the rest of the exhaust system, yet. So far, it was money well spent. It's obviously louder than stock, and there is some noticeable drone...
  13. S

Upgraded my mufflers to FlowMaster 40 Series. No change to the rest of the exhaust system, yet. So far, it was money well spent. It's obviously louder than stock, and there is some noticeable drone noise inside, but not too bad. All other mods are listed in my signature block. BEFORE...
  14. S

So how's the SEMA project coming along? Can you share any more info or pics on the Ex?
  15. S

Where did you get overlays? Do you have any close-up pics? Thanks.
  16. S

Adding dashcam. Any tips?

Oh man, that fuse box location is the worst! I hard-wired my radar detector about a week after buying my Ex, and it must have taken me 10 minutes just to figure out where the fuse box was. Complete install should have been 30 min, but ended up taking over an hour.
  17. S

Exhaust Upgrade Question

Thanks for the comment. It's interesting that your exhaust shop said Magnaflow over Flowmaster, and mine said the opposite. My shop sells/installs both, but said the FlowMaster is generally louder. I've used both on other vehicles in the past and I like both, but I think I'm leaning toward...
  18. S

Exhaust Upgrade Question

Ill talk to the guy at the shop next week about your ideas and let you know what he says. I'm pretty sure no mufflers is not a good idea though.
  19. S

Exhaust Upgrade Question

Just talked to a local shop about adding Flowmaster mufflers to my Ex and the guy said I probably wouldn't notice a major sound difference unless I cut out the stock resonator too. Has anyone here done this? Is it a good idea? I know removing the resonator on some vehicles makes it sound...
  20. S

Adding Switches

Correct, I was referring to the storage under the arm rest, and/or the area where the USB port is, but I wasn't sure if it was in the same location as mine since I have a 2015 and he has a 2011.
  21. S

Adding Switches

you know, the storage area between the two front seats. Drill a hole in the bottom of the center console, run your wires and mount your switches inside. just a thought.
  22. S

Adding Switches

You could go inside the center console. I like the sunglass holder idea too, never seen seen that before.
Back