Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

New Recall for 2014-15 Explorers

Sorry if it's a repost, but I didn't see it anywhere on here. http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/04/27/ford-transmission-recall/83590726/ Ford Motor said Wednesday that it would recall about 81,000 sport-utility vehicles to fix a suspension defect and another 201,900 pickup...
  2. S

Exhaust Upgrade Question

Just talked to a local shop about adding Flowmaster mufflers to my Ex and the guy said I probably wouldn't notice a major sound difference unless I cut out the stock resonator too. Has anyone here done this? Is it a good idea? I know removing the resonator on some vehicles makes it sound...
  3. S

Damage on new delivery

Long story short, I bought a brand new 2015 Limited that had to be factory ordered because I wanted one without the extra equipment options (NAV, moon roof, etc) and they couldn't find one nearby. When it finally arrived, it had a small dimple or dent on the passenger dashboard. It was barely...
  4. S

Introducing "Black Beauty"

Just posting some pics of my mods so far... 2015 Explorer Limited, black-on-black, nicknamed "Black Beauty". 20% tint - next to her sister "Elsa" (wife's 2015 Fusion SE w/ MFT tech package). OEM Cargo Mat Upgraded Rear Turn Signals (gets rid of "egg yolk" look)...
  5. S

Simple upgrade for rear turn signal bulbs?

I'm just getting started on my light upgrade project, but have done complete LED swaps on past vehicles. I know that some people have done very elaborate (AKA expensive) upgrades, but I was wondering if anyone had done a simple upgrade like this: I want to swap the standard amber bulb in the...
  6. S

Finally back to Ford

Hi! I recently purchased a 2015 Explorer Limited and am very happy with it so far. Grew up owning Mustangs, but this is my first Explorer. Have owned everything from Mazda to Toyota, Acura to Chevy, and most recently, Kia. I came here to see what everyone else has done with their...
Back