Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

New to the site..and new to the Explorer world (problem inside)

Yes, but when you replace the GEM, you need to back up the configuration from the old one, and program it to the new one. (With Forscan or the Ford VCM diagnostic tool) So yes options do matter, but you can use a GEM (SJB) from 06-07. Not sure how SportTrac is different, but that's what the...
  2. S

Yeah I agree with that.. I found a replacement SJB for $50 shipped from a yard that I found on car-part.com. (Searched for 2006-2007, Fuse Box Cabin). If you go this route you can use one from a 2006 or 2007 as long as it wasn't a SportTrac. I have this cable that I use with ForScan...
  3. S

You need to remove the dashboard to get the SJB (GEM) out. I'll be doing this myself in a couple weeks. I suspect I have a bad SJB, my puddle lamps don't work and my dash lights are stuck on a set dimming level. I've replaced the dimmer already. Codes stored in the SJB all point to...
  4. S

At wits end

I agree - a diagnostic at the dealer might be in order here. I would think they could very quickly look at live data and determine what is causing the codes. Loose vacuum hose, lower intake gaskets, low fuel pressure, ??
  5. S

2006 Mountaineer abs/traction control problem

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but perhaps my experience might help others that are desperately googling around like I was yesterday... I have a 2006 Limited with the 4.6 V8 and 6R60. While driving around slow, launching from a stop, etc, the advancetrac (skidding car) would illuminate and...
Back