Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

EATC blend door actuator

I am taking out my tranny to rebuild this weekend, but I'll get to this for you and try to figure out what's going on. Off the top of my head, I don't know that you would have fried anything except for an outright reversal of polarity to something. I understand you're getting the error code...
  2. N

New EATC, TM Headers, Lights, and Hood!!

One possible solution is to use the junkyard electronics, and mechanical parts from a newer one. I used the gear train from my 2002 Ranger, but the actuator electronics from a 1997. Sometimes it's easier to find the non-EATC actuators in recent models. Really, they can be very reliable, but...
  3. N

New EATC, TM Headers, Lights, and Hood!!

Nice job, Steve!!! In truth, Steve got no answer on some questions because I got busy and never got back to him. So he deserves a lot of credit for "digging in" and getting results. You're certainly welcome, Steve, for the information. It's my pleasure to put it out there and it's nice...
  4. N

Keyless Entry Codes???

It may be behind the passenger side airbag. On Rangers they mount the keyless entry unit there and it may be there on some explorers as well. Drop the glove compartment by pushing the sides in and let it drop down. Take out the 2 bolts above the glove compartment that hold the airbag in and...
  5. N

Adding EATC to a Ranger -- solved

First, Marty, thanks for your email and comments! Second, you won't bugger the airbag at all. It comes out with 2 screws that are under small circular plugs on each side of the steering wheel "spokes". Just carefully pry those plugs out and remove the bolt on each side. The airbag pulls...
  6. N

DOH!!!!! Thanks, though.
  7. N

Sadly, your bulbs are likely good. On pre 2001 trucks (although inexplicably a few do have them) there is no circuit to power the lights in your steering wheel! The "clockspring" mechanism is the device that conveys the wiring to the steering wheel while still letting it rotate freely. On...
  8. N

It's difficult to talk to ISS without a pre-arranged schedule, but there is PLENTY of ham radio gear going up there. Did you know 1/2 the astronaut corp are ham radio operators? They've been the motivating force behind a great deal of ham radio related activity. There's also a digital...
  9. N

Thanks, guys. I think that basically I have "Explorer Envy" and this is the best way to feed it other than buying an Explorer, lol. I've joked that soon my truck will have to be re-badged an "Exploranger" or a "Range Explorer", lol! Currently, I have added the keypad entry system like...
  10. N

Anyone want to install an EATC unit?

Hey, Carl!!! I didn't know you even posted over here!!! Don't know when you'll see this, being as you've been deployed. I'm the "John" he's referring to, and Carl's a good friend. He was the first guinea pig...errrr...RECIPIENT of the mod after I figured it out. He got it first instead of...
  11. N

Hi, folks! I'm not much for forums anymore, but I did want to say hi and share the joy. :bounce: I have a how-to for adding a full Eddie EATC (electronic automatic temperature control) system to a '95 to 2003 (and maybe 2004) Ranger. I cover all the differences in different year parts, both...
  12. N

96 explorer EddieB EATC compatibility

Well, I have a Ranger and not an Explorer but I have a bunch of Explorer stuff in mine including an overhead console and the full EATC hook-up. As a result of researching some of that I've gotten a lot of information on the EATC and what's what with what year. You can view my how-to for...
Back