Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

starter wont stop!

it doesn't grind the flywheel thanks god correct me if I'm wrong/// I was under the impression that the solenoid was on the firewall, so should i replace that or the starter it self? thanks
  2. I

starter wont stop!

Hello, Twice in the last week my X's starter wont turn off. I turn the motor over, it starts, but I can hear the starter still cranking. so I turn the ignition off and the engine stops but the starter still cranks. I pull the keys out of the ignition, and the starter is still going! The...
  3. I

31x10.5's on my Explorer?

when you do the autozone shackels for the rear, how do you lift the front to even it out? thanks
  4. I

radius arm bushings advice

yeah and how long should the bolts be? thanks
  5. I

Excited!! Must share!

congrats....Have fun with it and get us some pics when your done!
  6. I

Driver Side Motor Mount

why not get a used one from a parts car?
  7. I

coolant temp surges

thanks guys! I will do a flush and change the Tstat. Where is the sending unit located at? TIA
  8. I

coolant temp surges

Hello, I am wanting to know if it is normal to have the guage move when the thermostat opens? In all the cars I've owned including other fords, my temp guage stayed within the normal temp and never moved once the engine was warmed up. If its not normal is there anything I should check for?
  9. I

Need suspension help and suggestions

thanks Is their anything else I should be doing while I do the RA bushings? would that be the time to do my wheel bearings? I've never done them before
  10. I

Need suspension help and suggestions

Hello, I've had my explorer for about 2 years and since I got it the suspension is much noisier and bouncy. when I come to a complete stop from 35mph's or so, I here a pretty loud *clunk* and I feel the metal to metal contact in the cab. I work at a dealership and had my friends in the...
  11. I

Explorer Newbe Question

maybe try unplugging the negative post on the battery for 30min to reset it...then go and drive it as you normally would. Then see what happens. The ford ecu has a mind of its own...LOL. also make sure you got all the air out of the cooling system, that could affect the idle and such as well
  12. I

issues with clutch and taller tires

I'll check for any leaks, would they need to be directly at the bell housing?
  13. I

If there is any air in the clutch line would that cause the clutch to act any differently when the clutch is depressed? I would think not, but we did have a hard time getting the the slave cylinder to actually build pressure. I actually followed a writeup on this site for doing the clutch...
  14. I

is there such thing as adjusting the clutch in the explorer's, could that help?
  15. I

It just had a tuneup, but my brother said that the dizzy cap and rotor wasn't replaced plus I am going to do that MAF cleanup. would you guys with 5spd's say that they are a geared a little to high? Its just I cant imagine this pulling my boat with how high its geared.
  16. I

my diff ratio is 3.55 it that a taller gear? how hard would it be to change it to the next lower gear?
  17. I

ya, it functions pretty good I would say. I found a ranger site with those numbers, I will see what it is.
  18. I

when I try to rev the engine high and then let the clutch out it slips. I dont know what the diff ratio is...if I got the vin could i find out that way? thanks
  19. I

Hi, I bought my brothers explorer, its a 91' 4.0 4x4 5spd. It has a new clutch less than 6mo old, clutch was bought from napa and was a new unit, not a reman. we installed it as well as a new slave cylinder. my issue is he bought more agressive tires the size is 235/75/15, and the truck...
  20. I

Timing Chain/SOHC?

newbie here, is there a recommended interval to change timing chains?
  21. I

any company make ladder racks for the explorer

thanks for the replys, sorry i wasnt clear robb, it is extension ladders.
  22. I

any company make ladder racks for the explorer

I may be getting a job that would require me to carry a 20ft to 40ft ladder and I will need to fasten it to the explorer somehow. TIA
  23. I

clutch back together but cant get system bled

Anymore Help Out There?
  24. I

clutch back together but cant get system bled

no battery hookep up... well try it what is a mity-vac? update: We have the fluid coming out strong now, but still no pedal pressure? when we installed the slave cylinder, my brother unbolted the old one (2 bolts), then bolted the new in. I put the o ring on the male adapter for the...
Back