Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

NW Explorer facebook group page?

Anyone have one started? If not, Im going to kick one up!
  2. U

Golden Gardens Get-Together Idea Revisited!

Come on you lazy *******s, lets have a Golden Gardens Explorer get-together this summer! ****! Link to the park info page... http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?ID=243 The park is PERFECT for car rallys, and indeed is the host of many. Here is a Nissan car show at the park to...
  3. U

shake @ 65 to 73 mph

Indeed, go from what touches the ground in. Check your tires. A good way is to find a tire service place that has a road force machine to check both tires and rims... http://www.gsp9700.com/ is a type. After that, lift your rig so the whole suspension assembly can hang free from the ground...
  4. U

20 inch 100 spokes

Spokes aint that bad, just get the right kind of spokes, and the right kind of tires. Too low-pro and it looks like ****. These are O.G. Wire Wheels - 150 spoke... 100s will bust on you in due time cause of weight... and Lexani LX9000 high-performance tires at 295 40 20... the width and little...
  5. U

How do i replace a headgasket?

If I ever have to do one, I will be sure to make a good thread about it. A good resource for diagrams, instructs, tool references, etc is alldatadiy. Google it. Speed! Whatup foo!
  6. U

2008 NWE gathering PART 2

Ive always wanted to rent out the picnic shelters at Golden Gardens and have a rally down there. They have a beach house thats rentable... and I know of a few bands who would love to play... or a badass mp3 player :) http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?ID=243
  7. U

2008 NWE gathering PART 2

Down, but my truck ain't built for trails... got the spoke wheels and all.
  8. U

2008 NWE gathering

Im down to ride out next weekend, as well! :thumbsup:
  9. U

2008 NWE gathering

Is the 830 safeway meet on Saturday morning? Where we campin tonight???
  10. U

2008 NWE gathering

Someone post a final message with directions, times, etc... as Im confused a little... or I just smoked too much today grr LOL!
  11. U

2008 NWE gathering

IM campin no matter what... shoot man Ive been waiting to go campin for a while now :D I'll bring an instant shower hehehe!
  12. U

2008 NWE gathering

WOOHOO!!!!!!! Add me on... 3 people, 2 explorers! Im down to camp and stay over as well! Ive been looking forward to a local run yaaaaaayyy!!!
  13. U

Steering wheel wobble

Update on that issue 2fs?
  14. U

Alignment questions

That it is! Referenced the alldatadiy specs.
  15. U

Odd sound / find.

Quoted from alldatadiy... There are two types, an aluminum case one, and a plastic one.
  16. U

Need opinion on shocks for 95 Limited...

I got an oil change, alignment, all four shocks installed, and a tranny service for 391. I went with the monroe sensa-track light truck shocks and noticed MAJOR stability compared to the shot stock shocks. They are firm on casual road driving and give petty well offroad (light). I recommend them.
  17. U

Squeek....Where to look?

I spent forever tracking down a squeeek and found it was a long zip tie in the rear wheel well rubbing on the tire going squeek squeek. Plastic on rubber, but the sound was amplified on the metal it was connected to.
  18. U

Thump - not sure what it is

Define that thump a little more... does it repeat? From what area is the thump coming from?
  19. U

Grinding Noise in Left Front???

I have the grinding when moving only. I have yet to do exploratory surgery, but thought I would continue in this thread since the title matches the symptom perfectly! So, when moving at a very slow pace, the sound is moderate, definitely audible in the cab. Funny, but it reminds me of the sound...
  20. U

shuddering when turning

Up and lock to lock, that really works? I have a slight shudder and think that may remedy it. Will follow up here :)
  21. U

I guess I should say hi...

Welcome! Nice rig :) Man you guys are making me miss my 93 wtf!! So how come no one told me about this m50d mod before I replaced my a4ld twice?!? Looks good!!!
  22. U

Albino's about to get busier with Abby's half sister Gail

Hey I have 3 white doors and a control arm bracket (right side I believe) if you need em :) Nice rig! Like mine, a 93 ltd, now owned by my brother :) Let me know if you need any help in the Seattle area, I know this truck inside and out.
  23. U

Seattle Explorer Owners... Rally? Get-together?

Well kick ass! Lets plan for dixies then fellas? The weekend of the 22nd or the 29th works well for me!
  24. U

This is how we do it!

HAHA I love your windshield decal... MOVE! Classic lol! Nice rig man! I swear Ive seen you luggin around town.
  25. U

Seattle Explorer Owners... Rally? Get-together?

Whats up Seattle & Vicinity people? I smell a summers-end BBQ at Golden Gardens??? Sounds like fun to me! My truck is pretty, but I wanna meet some Seattle Explorer owners! What do you guys think? I can get a permit for a party there, and I will even bring my grill. I dont really care about...
Back