Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

swapping a 2004 explorer transmission in a 2003

I posted this on an explorer FB page already, but I figured I'd get some more recommendations here. I have a 03 4.0 4x4 that the OD band broke and shot metal through the transmission. I was originally planning on rebuilding it myself, but would rather swap in a good trans and save a lot of time...
  2. W

03 xlt 4.0 4wd 5r55w code p0735 p0775 flashing OD HELLLLLLLP!

Hey guys, I have an 03 4.0 with 185k and driving home this morning the dreaded OD light started flashing and the truck started shifting weird. I pulled over, shut the truck off and it was fine until about 30 miles later when it started again. no TC lockup, no 5th and when I slowed down enough it...
  3. W

03 Explorer 4wd 5r55w going into neutral while in drive or reverse

Hey guys, new member here. I started out with an 04 Mountaineer 4.6 with an AWD problem and recently sold that for a 03 4.0 Explorer that was in much better shape. The truck currently has 165k miles on it and within the last week has started giving me a pretty worrisome transmission problem...
  4. W

04 mountaineer 4.6 AWD charging system issue on a 2 hour drive

I bought a 04 Mountaineer 4.6 AWD about a month ago to replace my 96 Bronco that was totaled in an accident. So far it has been a great truck and far more comfortable than my Bronco on long trips. Lately I have been driving a lot, on average 500-700 miles a week. Last night I was headed home...
Back