Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Custom fab rock sliders

Hello Explorerforum! Ive been learning to weld and wanted to put my skills to use on a project. I'm building a set of rock sliders as right now i just have the plastic cladding and the pinch welds already got damaged. I've decided to use 1-3/4" diameter .120" wall tubing for the sliders, and...
  2. T

2000 Explorer XLT Overlanding Build

Hey y'all, So I am starting to get more into overlanding and back country camping trips, and want to track the progress of my new-to-me explorer as I build it for a cross country road trip this summer. I originally wanted to do the trip in my 91, but the transmission has been slowly eating...
  3. T

Road Trip/Overlanding project, Keep 1st gen or go 2nd gen?

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've posted but I have a few questions that I think some of you can help me find answers to. I have a '91 ex that I fixed up and has been my daily driver/commuter/road trip vehicle for the last two years. You can read more about the car here...
  4. T

'91 ex budget build, 4.0 or 4.0?

Hey guys, I've been reading up a bit on different swaps and builds but am having trouble deciding on what course I should take. So I'm going to be getting a '91 ex as a planned daily/road trip car as my mustang has become too impractical since I took out the back seats. There would be some light...
Back