Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Paraphoe

For Sale 1997 Explorer Brush Guard

Ridiculous - UPS says $450. Sorry.
  2. Paraphoe

For Sale 1997 Explorer Brush Guard

I have a brush guard from my 1997 Explorer for sale. Would probably/might fit other years, but not sure. Based outside of Philadelphia. $100 and if you want it shipped, you pay. Cost to ship would be ridiculous though.
  3. Paraphoe

Wanted Vapor canister tray: 00-01 or 02-03 Explorer Sport

Per this thread...Vapor canister tray
  4. Paraphoe

Vapor canister tray

Thanks guys. Looks like a job for my new garage.
  5. Paraphoe

Vapor canister tray

Y'all are quick, thanks. This rusting BS is the bane of my existence. I swear, I should move to AZ. Is that a direct swap with bolt holes lined up and all or will I need to modify a little to make it work?
  6. Paraphoe

Vapor canister tray

Does ANYONE know where/how I can get this part? Mine finally rotted out and I need a replacement. No luck anywhere online, Ford parts Giant, etc are all listing it as discontinued and unavailable for purchase. Next step is calling ford or making my own, but I'd rather not... F57Z-9D665-BA -...
  7. Paraphoe

Intermittent starting issue that is driving me to madness

UPDATE: Well the shop called me back - they took it off the tow truck and sure enough, it fired right up again. He spent the entire day trying to get it to "fail". After the 14th trip around the block, it happened. They were able to trace the issue to simply a bad starter. If the starter was bad...
  8. Paraphoe

Actually changed course this morning and am going with a different shop, but when you have an issue no one can seem to fix for 4 months, and it impacts the ability to use your vehicle and have any confidence that it will get you home, I'm sure you can understand me considering taking it to Ford.
  9. Paraphoe

Update: Got back to the truck - messing with the battery cables did not help. Put the truck in neutral and it also didn't crank. No change from this morning. Called for a second tow, getting it taken to my Local Ford dealer. Hoping it won't start when it gets there so they can actually diagnose...
  10. Paraphoe

Not yet, as soon as I get out of work I'm heading back to where it's stuck and will try this. This is a great thought, Tim. I'm doing some reading and it's very possible this could be the issue, but let me ask you this: if it WAS the neutral safety switch (NSS), would the power be able to get...
  11. Paraphoe

Here's a video from this morning of me turning the key repeatedly so you can hear the fender mounted solenoid clicking and see that everything is powered...
  12. Paraphoe

Nice to see some "old school" guys still around! Good thoughts, but I don't think it's battery related, unless I know less about vehicles than I think - the whole truck has power, lights are fine, cluster lights up, etc. It happened AGAIN this morning. It started fine last night driving it...
  13. Paraphoe

Hey all. I haven't been around in a while but rest assured, the truck is alive and well (mostly). I'm hoping someone (anyone!) can help me out with a problem I've been having. Here goes: During a very cold spell in December I accidentally left my aux lights on and then left on a business trip...
  14. Paraphoe

New Wheels and tires - Narrowing up the stance

Alright, so I'm ready to pull the trigger here. Would the following combo work? It may not pull the tires in as much as I'd like, but I just wanna make sure the tires will fit the rims before I order: 16x8 wheels, 285-75-R16 tires. I think it's fine but can't hurt to double check.
  15. Paraphoe

Thanks guys, but no interest in going wider with flares at ALL. The goal is to keep it clean and narrow it up. Could I go 4.25 BS on a 7'' rim? My plan was to keep the rim width the same and just go narrower on the tire (12.50 to 11.50). Any major drawbacks to a 7'' rim (if I could even find...
  16. Paraphoe

Hey guys. Since I finally finished my Superlift after what feels like 14 years, I'm ready for some new wheels and tires. What I've wanted to do for a while is narrow the stance and bring the tires in tighter to the fenders. I've grown a bit weary of the sloppy look of the tires 2 inches or so...
  17. Paraphoe

Custom Made & Forum Decals Stickers Back on Sale

Is this still a thing? Tried to PM Ben and didn't hear back. My decals are all peeling - need new ones....
  18. Paraphoe

Pulling the trigger on the Superlift

Thanks man! Doubt I'll have any issues but I'll keep it in mind. Not so sure about that down and dirty anymore though...those days might be behind me unless it's a snow run! :D Heard this too, was told that that was part of the reason it took 6+ months to get the parts to me. Pretty sad, but I...
  19. Paraphoe

Good to "see" you again man. I'll PM ya.
  20. Paraphoe

MATT! Are you subscribed to this thread?! Back from the dead, I love it! Also, is that a good "dude" or a bad "dude"...? Hahahaha. Thanks man! It's never finished, haha. Isn't it wild how days slip into weeks, months, and years? Life is flying man. Glad I'm in good company. :chug...
  21. Paraphoe

Urgent: Superlift help

Thanks again guys, final photos here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/pulling-the-trigger-on-the-superlift.383606/page-5#post-3606662
  22. Paraphoe

....And here we are. As embarrassing as this is, almost 2 years later, the Superlift is finally complete. It's ridiculous it took this long, but that's how busy life has gotten, and trying to sync up with a shop to take a lift for an entire weekend isn't easy either. Regardless, my hand was...
  23. Paraphoe

Urgent: Superlift help

I notched the sh*t out of them and we made it work. Not pretty, but it got the job done. Last hurdle now is my drivers side knuckle not having room for the ABS wire. Were yring to rotate the hub to see if we can get it to fit in that way....ALMOST DONE. Will post pics.
Back