Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Possible AWD modification / RWD only conversion

These things actually have proper longitudinal mounted engines. My understanding is that the 10R60 that comes on then is very similar to the 10R80 used on the F150/250, Ranger, Expedition, etc (albeit with 200nm less torque capacity)... I would think (total assumption) that the transfer case is...
  2. A

Possible AWD modification / RWD only conversion

Hello all, After owning a 13 Limited that clearly turned out to be a problematic/lemon over the years here I am again... Told myself I wouldn’t get a Ford again but yet here I am cross-shopping Fords against other Fords all over again (the Explorer against the Ranger but that’s a story in...
  3. A

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Does anyone know how much these hoods cost to fix. On my 13 Limited the paint on the front of the hood by the lip just wont stop peeling. I now have at least 10-15 dime size spots and a few quarter size ones... It looks like cancer that is spreading... Extremely embarrassing for a four year old...
  4. A

high pitch sound after shut down

My HIDs make this exact same sound when they are on also. You can't notice it with the engine running but the moment the engine shuts off it is very easy to hear, especially if you are in the garage.
  5. A

2013 Explorer IPMA B12D8 Trouble Code (possibly lane departure warning related)

Thanks for the replies guys. I took the plunge and erased it and it has not come back yet. With winter right around the corner I have a feeling that the message I get asking me to clean the screen is definitely related with this code. I still have about a year of the Ford ESP warranty left but...
  6. A

2013 Explorer IPMA B12D8 Trouble Code (possibly lane departure warning related)

Good evening all, I bought a neat little OBD scanner that scans all vehicles modules recently and decided to hook it up to my 2013 Explorer. I have previously fooled around with similar type devices when I used to have a VW and an Audi and did my own maintenance. To my surprise, out of the 27...
  7. A

Ford Explorer: Are Your Rear Brakes Dragging... Most Likely Yes!

Mine have been wearing considerably quicker than the fronts. Took all the wheels off last month when I did my rears and I had 1mm out back and a whole 5mm in the front. This is at only 82000km (just 50K miles)!!! Right rear caliper just seized last week and was covered by my ESP. Luckily I...
  8. A

Brake caliper seized

Just finished filling out a complaint form with Transport Canada also. When mine seized, the wheel was scorching hot and even my tire was getting warm. Definitely a safety concern that needs to be address.
  9. A

US Dealer willing to sell ESP to a Canadian!!!!

Had the same argument with the service manager at the dealership I go to last night. They had no problem charging me $100CDN +HST in the past but all of a sudden wanted to charge me $143 +HST... Just seems like a TOTAL cash grab... If they are being reimbursed in US for the Canadian prices...
  10. A

Already got the ESP from the states 2 years ago. Was seeing if there were any dealers that would charge the deductible for warranty work in CAD instead of US. My dealer was doing it before but had a change of heart yesterday and wanted to charge me in USD.
  11. A

Do any of you know any dealers in the Toronto area who are flexible with the deductible and are willing to charge it in CAD instead of USD? The $100 USD deductible is turning into a $150 CAD + HST! Not a big deal with $500+ repairs but it hurts paying it if the car needs something that only...
  12. A

Brake caliper seized

Not sure why some people here are spreading wrong info. You are 100% correct that Ford ESP DOES COVER CALIPERS! I have my 2013 in for the exact same reason. My rear passenger caliper seized. Conveniently it seized 2 months after I got brand new rotors and pads put back there. Waiting to...
  13. A

Factory Tow Hitch Kit for Gen 5 Explorer c/w Video

Just towed a 3600 pound 19ft Travel Trailer with mine this last weekend and the place I rented the trailer from gave me a Husky WDH to use with the trailer. I probably added about 200lbs of food and toys for the trip to the trailer. The Husky did not have sway bars but it brought the explorer up...
  14. A

Tow-Mode Button Installation

The shipping costs to Canada unfortunately kill the deal and almost make it worth ordering it locally.
  15. A

Brake Controller Plug and Wiring

Already posted this in another thread but I can confirm that my 2013 Limited that does NOT have a factory tow package also had the trailer brake controller plug right underneath the steering wheel behind the hood release. Also all traiker fuses and relays are already in the engine bay fuse box...
  16. A

I checked and for my limited with Blind Spot, Parking Sensors and proximity key I would need the "L" version which unfortunately is the most expensive version at around $85...
  17. A

Just as an update for everyone. I can confirm that my 2013 Limited that does NOT have a factory tow package has the trailer brake controller connector underneath the steering wheel. Also, I checked the fusebox and the required fuses and relays are all there (trailer turn signals, brakes...
  18. A

Also just as an FYI for everyone looking for this. 15K868 is the generic part #. They have numerous versions of it based on what your car has (keyless entry, Blind Spot, Parking sensors...).
  19. A

Ill play with it today when I get home if I have a chance. It would be great if the wiring is there and provides full 7 pin wiring functionality.
  20. A

Not entirely correct. The tongue weight is the only weight that affects your GVWR. On the 4WD 3.5 Explorers you should have close to 1300 pounds of available payload... Realistically, as long as you aren't putting anyone on the 3rd row and leave the back fairly light (a suitcase or two should be...
  21. A

So did you have to run a wire all the way up front for a brake controller? I'm reading in some other threads that some people had the brake controller plug hidden right on top of the parking brake even though their explorer did not have the towing package. With a 7 pin hookup out back that...
  22. A

Brake Controller Plug and Wiring

Did you ever see if there is such a thing as a 7 pin adapter for the rear that gives you functionality upfront? I'm in the exact same boat and am trying to retrofit as close to OEM as possible of a tow package. My limited did not come with the tow package so am looking to get the hitch, oil...
  23. A

Do you happen to have the part number for the Factory 7 pin connector? Also is it a 4/7 pin opening or just a 7 pin? Am debating whether to just add a Curt or the OEM hitch and trim the bumper... Although the aftermarket ones appear like they are well build, the OEM Ford one just looks more...
  24. A

Who has added the OEM hitch - DIY?

Very surprised that they don't mention anything about the 6F55 on the trailering guide. All they really state is Oil cooler, 4/7pin connector and the hitch receiver. Also, according to that chart both the Tow package equipped and non-tow equipped AWD 3.5EX should have the same 3.65 rear end...
  25. A

Perfect! I was hoping that the hardware was already there behind the blank. did you have to do any programming?
Back