Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

How to: Ford Explorer PCM Power Procedure

Well, she'll fire right up as if nothing is wrong. For the most part she runs, but she keeps blowing fuse 19. Then its crank but no fire. ( no power to the coils, duh). After it pops 19, sometimes I can simply replace it, other times it will immediately blow the fuse again and I have to let it...
  2. T

Well, to be more specific, its the 95 explorer giving me trouble. And to clarify my question, how are the coils, the PCM, and the radio noise grounded. Also, while attempting to find my fault, I tested the actually plug for the fuse (#19 in the drivers side panel) and got a drop of about .3. I...
  3. T

95 explorer keeps blowing fuse 19

Checked the system, everything is grounded, no obvious sign on DMG on any wiring or clip I can see. Removed the entire dash and still nothing. Could the PCM itself do this? Or could I have an intermittent short? (Fuse doesn't blow all the time.)
  4. T

Hate to bring up a dead thread, but I'm experiencing this issue as well. Was curious where these components are grounded, and what the best course of action would to resolving the grounding issue. (As in repair the existing faulty ground or installing a whole new one.)
  5. T

Been all thought the wiring outside and through the exhaust. Only thing I've found is one wire on the drivers side that feeds into the bumper is torn quite a ways back. The passenger side is intact. Also, abs light stays on. Not sure if these are related to my problem, but all the more...
  6. T

Thanks, I'll give those a check. I'm tracing out the interior wiring harness, so I'll check the sensors along the way.
  7. T

I recently purchased a 4x4 explorer Eddie bower edition. I knew she needed some work ( ie: ball joints and a broken lift gate) but I didn't know that she was going to eat fuses like candy. Fuse number 19 specifically in the drivers side panel. Controls the pcm and coils. I'm just at the...
Back