Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Help with 02 wiring short

2006 4.0 Has a short where the wiring sheath has crumbled away on the bank 1 sensor1 o2 sensor. Blows fuse for all sensors, maf, etc. the short is in a inaccessible spot on top of transmission. Would like to splice in new wire to sensor but unsure where to go to splice wire in. Any help...
  2. K

Need new water pump bolts

anyone know the specs on the water pump bolts, Broke 2 and need to replace
  3. K

Water pump gasket and bolt question

2006 explorer 4.0 noticed some people use rtv, some use nothing. What's the factory spec on that? And second, looking for the installation pattern for the pump bolts. Thank you
  4. K

Water pump pulley shaft broke off while driving

Hi everyone, I did a search for this issue but couldn't seem to find anything, but wanted to pick your brains for a minute. Here's the situation.... 2006 Ford Explorer EB 4.0 v6. 2wd. Wife was driving and the water pump pulley broke off while doing 60 causing obvious damage to radiator...
  5. K

Repairing o2 sensor wiring bank 1 sensor 1

the connector on the harness side going to the pcm, has got bare wires where the plastic sheathing has fallen off causing a. Error code p0135 for the o2 sensor. I am trying to find how the wiring is ran so that I can get at the connector to repair. But cannot seem to trace it back to the top...
  6. K

Random Timing Malfunction...

2006 Explorer 4.0LV6 Eddie Bauer VinE Ok, have a strange I thing electrical issue that effects the timing. Recently had guides go bad for the second time in 15000 miles. Had them replaced by original mechanic under warranty. Now it will run fine for a while and then run rough, throw an...
Back