Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Non-working USB port

I have found that cleaning the four gold surface contacts with a piece of thin plastic as a backing and an alcohol pad will rub off the contamination on both the male and female connectors. I have used this trick for years.
  2. S

sync 3 map update for Q2 2022 version

Sync 3 ma/navigation update at Ford - Sync3 Map Update for Q2 2022 version that was released today.
  3. S

Winter Tires

I am planning to replace my old snow tire/wheel set up on my 2017 Explorer Limited. I want to purchase the PIU steel wheels and Autonation White Bear Lake provided the necessary part numbers: PIU 18” diameter steel wheel DG1Z-1015-A, $109.14 each. Wheel center cap # is DG1Z-1130-C, $66.10...
  4. S

Dash Cam Hardwire Installation - 2014 Explorer

I had my dashcam installed at Best Buy, (that did a horrible job), but the power was connected to the cigarette lighter socket within the front middle console. The connector has a socket on the back of it that you can still connect a USB plug into. The bad news is that this method is not...
  5. S

2014 Ford Explorer Brake Pad "Springs"

Thank you for posting this part number and picture, great help. I ordered part BR1508 A, (Front with standard duty calipers, includes spring clip), from O'Reily Auto for front brakes. This set has the V shaped spring that fits into the holes on the pads to keep them separated. This set was...
  6. S

Sync 3 navigation releases software for 02/2021 version

Sync 3 navigation map has updated software to version Q1 2021. See link to obtain the latest map software: https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home
  7. S

Where is the Cooling Fan Control Module located on 2017 Explorer?

My 2017 Limited 3.5 L NA engine has a recall #21N01 for high-speed cooling fan motor relay. Is there anything in this recall that would be related to your problem?
  8. S

SYNC 3.4 22110 & NA 2 21 Maps

When I read your email, I went onto the Ford map update site, (Ford - Sync3 Map Update), to look at getting my map update, but the site still only shows the 2/2020 map available. I even entered my VIN number and there is no map update available at this time. Where did you get the 2/2021 map...
  9. S

Dash Cam causing12 volt charging fault?

No amp current usage mentioned in the user manual, so I will ask the tech, Randy, at Cobra for specs and how to test. As I mentioned to Fix4Dirt above, using the Auto Surveillance mode turns off power to the cameras completely after the new 1 hour programmed time.. The new battery is dated...
  10. S

We drive the Ex about 1-2 times a week, so it does sit off for a few days at a time. After experimenting with the dash camera programming, I found that if I reduced the Surveillance auto shut off time from 2 hours to 1 hour, the battery would not drain and cause a fault. So, I have Parking...
  11. S

Battery Replacement / Upgrade - Battery Re-Learn

I tried it on my Explorer three different times and no luck with the battery icon blinking 3 times. The battery icon is red in color, and located o the right of the odometer.
  12. S

Got an error when I ran the Ford Pass, Vehicle Health Alert test tonight: "Powertrain Urgent Service Required Indicates that there is a 12V charging system fault." I suspect that I am the cause of this problem since I had a Cobra front and rear dash camera, SC 400D installed a couple of...
  13. S

Confirmed: Some Exhaust in Cabin when Acceleration issue is From the Front

I found a PCV on OReilly Auto Parts made by Motorcraft for $6.29 to replace as you mentioned. Can you provide more detail on what you did on the tune-up and cleaning the intake manifold? Need to figure what I can do, and what items I should take to a repair shop. Thank you for your post. PS...
  14. S

Zerk grease nipple by rear wheel hubs?

Ring that bell, Josh was right! I looked up this site: Maintenance: Brake Fluid Bleeding – Explorer Platinum The pictures shows the brake bleeder screw. Thank you. No need to mention this to the Trail-boss, I can just hear it now, "you squirted grease into the brake line, what the heck are you...
  15. S

Zerk grease nipple by rear wheel hubs?

Removed the front tires/wheels and found Zerk grease nipples by the front upper wheel hub areas, used my grease gun to fill the grease nipples, all went well. When I I then removed the rear tires, I found Zerk grease nipples by the rear wheel hubs, (see picture), however these Zerk grease...
  16. S

new navigation update NA 1 20

I bought the USB drive for $149, so I will test the install when I receive delivery of the USB drive in the mail. Update: I downloaded the map update and the process worked fine, update completed in about 50 minutes, the map shows NA 2/20 instead of the original purchase version of NA 1/20...
  17. S

21N01 Cooling Fan Motor Relay

I got a recall notice on my Ford Owner website. Description HIGH SPEED COOLING FAN MOTOR RELAY (TRG 12/2) Campaign# 21N01 I have not heard mention of this, so is this something new? Update: I spoke to a service manager and the problem that this recall relates to is that when you turn off the...
  18. S

new navigation update NA 1 20

Sync 3 navigation came out with the new Navigation map updates today NA 1 20 version Site is: Ford - Sync3 Map Update
  19. S

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

I was looking on the second, "buy it" page, but found it on the first page: "Exact data may vary by product. The current Map version is NA 1 19."
  20. S

New maps 2.20 for SYNC 3

I just checked the Ford Sync3 map update looking to see if there was a 2020 may update yet. The site shows that there is a map update, but it does not show any details of the type of update, nor does it mention what version/year the update is. How did you know your map update was a 2019 version?
  21. S

Sync 3, v3.0, 20204

Finished the update. There is a grayed arrow in the upper right corner of the screen. When you press the arrow, it says the update is done and if you want to know what the changes were... I did not read fast enough because the screen went away after a few seconds Ford says to unzip file...
  22. S

Sync 3, v3.0, 20204

I checked for Sync 3 update on Ford Owner.com, and downloaded onto a flash drive Sync 3, v3.0, 20204. I will download the file when I go out this Monday. I did not find this version on the forum when I did a search, so has anyone else done this download of this new version?
  23. S

Water around overhead console

I believe that the windshield was repaired at the top seam of the windshield without removing the glass.
  24. S

Water around overhead console

Our 2017 Limited had the windshield replaced and experienced the same problem afterwards of water around the upper overhead console. When we took the vehicle back for repairs, the repair shop added sealant/caulking to the upper surfaces of the windshield weather-stripping seam, and the...
  25. S

different key fob batteries

I was replacing the key fob batteries on my 2017, and found out that the 2032 battery does not go in all key fobs. The integrated key-head transmitter takes 2032 batteries, but the Intelligent access transmitter takes 2025 batteries. Consequently, I have been putting in the wrong replacement...
Back