Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Anyone have experience with installing a tranny rebuild kit?

I have a master rebuild kit I purchased for my 5R55S and I just want to make sure I hit all the seals, gaskets, etc. If anyone has done this before I'd love to hear how your experience went and if you have any tips/suggestions. I have already pulled the tranny and have some hard parts on order...
  2. C

How much clearance needed to pull tranny from 2004 XLS?

Hi, I'm about to do a rebuild on my '04 XLS. How much room do I need underneath so I can clear the transmission from the vehicle? Considering the height of the tranny jack I'm thinking it would need a lot of room. Thanks
  3. C

Can anybody recommend a good transmission rebuild kit for the 5R55S?

I've got 175K on my 2004 Explorer and in dropping the transmission pan last weekend, I found bits of brass pieces making me think my clutches are shot which explains the shift flare I have been experiencing over the past month. I see some that say Motorcraft Master Overhaul Kit is good
  4. C

Whining noise coming from rear passenger side

I have a doozie for you guys... I've been living with this over the past few years... I drive highway in my daily commute to work and every time I reach 55mph I start to hear a whining coming from my rear passenger side (around the tank area). It slowly increases in volume as I speed up then...
  5. C

Bad AM reception from radio... Where are the ground connections in the engine bay?

Hi, I have really bad static coming from my AM radio stations. Along with the static I can hear the whine coming through the speakers when the engine revs up as it increases speed. I was thinking of cleaning all my ground connections in my engine bay to see if that would help alleviate the...
  6. C

Power windows not working.

Hi guys. Both rear power windows will not operate from the master control on the driver's side and from the individual controls from either rear doors. Is this a fuse or faulty wire? I pulled the master control to see if any wires were frayed but couldn't find any. I also tested the rear...
  7. C

Low heat output

Sorry if I can't give much detail here. '04 Explorer XLS... I've noticed that when I turn on the heat, it doesn't blow hot air like my other cars do. Luke to moderately warm at best. Anyone have any idea where I should start with troubleshooting? It's tolerable now but once winter kicks...
  8. C

Hello from Hudson Valley NY!

Hi all! I just recently purchased a 2004 Explorer XLS and I joined this forum to get access to the wealth of information shared by its members. My first challenge is getting the A/C vents working in the center console. From reading some of these posts... I need to be focusing on the...
Back